Chrono Trigger

MrDunk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im thinking about getting the game chrono trigger for snes. I hear it's pretty dominant but im not sure really what it is about.
Is it worth my time?

acidrain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is definitely worth your time! It's one of the best RPGs I've played. The story is really good, there's a great replay value because of the new game +.

I've finished the game at least 8 times and I still consider buying the original in a near future.
So get it as soon as you can!

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh.
If you like turnbased RPG's, it's pretty awesome. You'll always hear that it's one of the best RPG's for snes, so I'd definitely say it's worth your time.
Besides, it's got like 12 endings. And I think it was one of the first RPGs around to have the "New Game +" feature. It also has some nifty team attacks, during battles. Storyline is neato too.

And perhaps one of the other important reasons as to why it's gotten so much popularity... Akira Toriyama (guy behind Dragonball and Dragonball Z) did the character design. Nobuo Uematsu did the music, and some other chump did the story.
The same team of people have recently teamed up to make a game for the 360, which i'm sure you've heard of, Blue Dragon.

Check them both out.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's turnbased at it's best! You should seriously play this game, it's addictive as hell if you're into RPG's. A real classic alongside Lufia II and FF IV. Hope some of these days they get a remake.
smile.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger killed a perfectly good engagement...it was that damn good. Great story, great game play, great characters, great music, 20 different endings, + mode, I played it till I got all my characters till level 97 and then I think I still beat it like 3 times with out making it to level 98 and realized it was time to retire the cart. Chrono is HANDS DOWN the best RPG I have ever played.

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow best set of of reviews ever i love chrono trigger and the later made Chrono Cross for PSX they're both awesome games and should always be purchased if anyone ever wants an awesome game

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh, I just recently started playing through Chrono Trigger... and I must say it is one of the best games I have ever played. There is so much variety to it, it never feels repetitive [like most RPGs do]. It just drags you in and you don't want to stop playing!

Really fun game, double and triple team attacks are awesome.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's not as quirky as earthbound or anything, but even though it's more of a "classical" rpg, every single part of the game is great: story, battles, graphics, design, etc. etc.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Why hasn't this game been ported to a handheld yet? WHY DOES SQUARE HATE MONEY!?
cry.gif

Technically, the game was ported to the PlayStation (one) with some new animated scenes (they kept the rest of the game intact). I doubt a second port will be ever made. It WOULD be sweet to have a remake of the game, similar to what apparently they are gonna do with FF7 (it's still not 100% confirmed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)