Gaming Chrono Trigger

MisterGuest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have been playing Chrono Trigger [DS] for the 1st time.

What has happened:
Chrono gets killed by Lavos.
I met Magus and beats him with Frog..

So.. It turns out I wasn't suppose to fight Magus and then he'd join the party.. I already fought him, won, and saved..
Will I have another chance to get Magus to join my party later on? If so could you tell when about when so I don't screw up again..
If I don't have a chance to get him again.. Could someone send me a game save that is around that time? [after Chrono dies, and before Magus's fight]
Thanks..

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Which version are you playing? As this is in the NDS forum I expect it is the DS version - in which case this may help:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/game/950181.html

There are saves but I would recommend reading the FAQs instead as then you can continue with your own game.

I don't actually know is the honest answer, been a very long time since I played.

MisterGuest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have checked the walkthroughs, only because I got stuck on how to get Chrono's doll. It turns out I wasn't suppose to fight Magus so I could get him to join my party, but that was too late and I had already saved.. I would continue but I kinda want to play Magus, so I am really wondering whether or not I could get him later in the game without restarting... Yeah, I will be checking the guide more often now though.

The wording in the walkthrough kinda indicates that that was my only chance to get him though..

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MisterGuest said:
I have checked the walkthroughs, only because I got stuck on how to get Chrono's doll. It turns out I wasn't suppose to fight Magus so I could get him to join my party, but that was too late and I had already saved.. I would continue but I kinda want to play Magus, so I am really wondering whether or not I could get him later in the game without restarting... Yeah, I will be checking the guide more often now though.

The wording in the walkthrough kinda indicates that that was my only chance to get him though..

I believe if you fight him then you cannot recruit him later.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, don't restart now!

since there's this new game + option, you can "restart" with the same save having (i think) the same level as when you completed the game, and same equipment.. that'll make it easier and quicker to get to that point again, and if you want to get all endings, I think getting magus will lead another ending? sooo... leave magus for now, complete the game, and then get him on the second run ^^ that's what I'd do! but you do as you want of course!

mipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Issac said:
Well, don't restart now!

since there's this new game + option, you can "restart" with the same save having (i think) the same level as when you completed the game, and same equipment.. that'll make it easier and quicker to get to that point again, and if you want to get all endings, I think getting magus will lead another ending? sooo... leave magus for now, complete the game, and then get him on the second run ^^ that's what I'd do! but you do as you want of course!

1. Whether you keep or kill Magus doesn't have any other influence in the game other than one small part in ending (Instead of Frog walking around, it's Glenn walking around, that's all.)

2. When you do NG+, you will get: All your items, weapons, armors and accessories, BUT you will not get equipment that are related to story (Eg. you will lose Masamune, Hero's badge etc.). You will also lose your money and all key items expect the 65m BC trading items, which you keep.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
mipe said:
Issac said:
Well, don't restart now!

1. Whether you keep or kill Magus doesn't have any other influence in the game other than one small part in ending -spoilersnip-

2. When you do NG+, you will get: All your items, weapons, armors and accessories, BUT you will not get equipment that are related to story (Eg. you will lose Masamune, Hero's badge etc.). You will also lose your money and all key items expect the 65m BC trading items, which you keep.

Of course the story items isn't there, but the rest... and that would still make the game a breeze to fly through again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY