Hacking Chrono Trigger won't work on DS-Xtreme

logicstorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I patch Chrono Trigger with that new fix to prevent the game from freezing after using the gate at the beginning of the game.

Anyway, the patched CT doesn't work and I realize I need to manually patch the rom to manually add a new arm7.

So I do that and now the game works and loads properly! However, when I get to the gate at the beginning of the game it freezes again. It's now like I never even patched CT with the new fix! Why is this happening?

Something I noticed though is that after adding a new arm 7 to Chrono Trigger, the size of the rom went down from 128 to 81 mb. And that's probably why I can't reapply the new fix after adding arm7...because I DID try applying the new fix after arm 7 patching the game but it doesn't work..

Can anyone help?

Is anyone even playing CT on a DS-X?

logicstorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drdeath25 said:
cracker said:
sub said:
Hello

Anyone with DS-Xtreme managed to get it to work ?

Like everyone with DS-X know, the team has stopped the support. So we always need to use MaxCrassMethod to get new roms to work.

The thing is... When I only patch the rom with the fix, it dont start because i need to apply Arm7fix, but if I apply arm7fix is impossible to apply ChronoFix because i get a 0mb file ....

frown.gif

XxRoxaSoraxX said:
Im using DSATM and i use the code(as a .txt) and Mario kart DS as my donor rom they are all in the same directory......WHAT DO I DO

Download DSATM

Save the cheats to a text file and leave the description above the code intact:

Code:
Loop fix
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

or

CODE
Loop fix for M3 Real
523FE294 E08AA009
E23FDFDC 00000024
E08AA009 E35A0000
1A0000AB E1A0A00E
E28FE000 E12FFF1C
E1A0E00A E31E0402
EA00009F 00000000
023FE294 EAFFFF50
D2000000 00000000
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

Place the text file with the codes, DSATM, and your donor game (donor.nds) or ARM7 file (donor.bin) into the same folder.

Run DSATM

Select the original game (not patched at all!)

Select the cheat text

Select the patched game to save as

Leave Trainer checked and check ARM7 Fix

Click Autopatch Game!

For anyone with a CycloDS (and possibly other carts that white screen with the patch)

Follow the above instructions but before you patch the game:

Click the button with a cracker to switch to Advanced mode

Change the RAM address to 0x23fd000

Then click Autopatch Game!

Note: I'm not sure if it needs an ARM7 fix so try it first without it.

This does work for DS-X.... got through the first portal fine, and am able to save properly!

Just use any game you have already done the arm7 Max Crass method on as the donor rom, and use the first loop fix code (not the m3 one), works like a charm so far.

Thanks!

I just tried this... it worked!

Thank you so much

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I guess you need to find what the source of the problem is. Could be...

1-You need to patch it with the old arm7fix
2-You need to patch it with the new arm7fix
3-You need to patch it with the new copy protection fix that just came out
4-You need a new cart!

The copy protection patch seems to work on most flash cart, worked on my Cyclods. You also need to keep in mind that more and more games simply don't work at all on the ds-x, patch or not. Patching a patched rom? Maybe that's where it went wrong?

Time spent f*@king around with ds-x is time wasted not enjoying your game, Maybe Santa will get you a new Cyclods?
Good luck, I doubt anyone can help you and you can't discuss roms on the official ds-x forum, they don't want to help you.

edit: Oups, I was a little slow to respond, looks like you got lucky, good for you!

logicstorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrSpud said:
Time spent f*@king around with ds-x is time wasted not enjoying your game, Maybe Santa will get you a new Cyclods?

Yeah, seriously. It's always a lot of time wasted and the stress kills me.

I'm going to probably give the ds-x away to a little cousin and get a DS-I and a new cart.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
logicstorm said:
MrSpud said:

Yeah, seriously. It's always a lot of time wasted and the stress kills me.

I'm going to probably give the ds-x away to a little cousin and get a DS-I and a new cart.

Well, only if it's a legal cart, since you can't use flashcarts on the DSi, yet.

JabbaFlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the new Chrono Trigger works ok on DS-X 1.1.3 using Curley5959's download:-
Previously I had tried everything - original arm7 injector, new method, XPA ppf patch, DS Auto Trainer Maker (DSATM) v4.3 with no success.

Curley5959

Like Tanas said all you need is the arm7.bin (163KB) file from Curley5959's download, copy it to .\donor\arm7.bin and change the line in arm7_injector/fix.bat:-

QUOTE said:
ndstool -v -x ./donor/*.nds -7 DONOR_UNPACK/arm7.bin > NUL
>>>>>>>>>>>
QUOTEcopy /v /y /b .\donor\arm7.bin .\DONOR_UNPACK\arm7.bin > NUL
Damn works until going through portal whcih takes forever
frown.gif

Just ordered a CycloDS
smile.gif

Virusak

Trophies
XP
Country
the portal freeze is a part of an antipiracy measure and it is not a ds-x only thing, look a few posts above on how to solve it

cmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried patching using the method posted by logicstorm and though the "Initializing save" error is gone, instead I get the "Unable to access data. Please turn the power OFF and reinsert the Game Card" error now. I'm sure I did everything correctly.

Here is what I did:

1. Created a Chrono Trigger rom with Arm7fix using dslazy then renamed it to donor (donor.nds).
2. Put the cheat.txt, clean rom of Chrono Trigger and the donor.nds in the DSATM directory.
3. Ran DSATM, selected the clean rom of Chrono Trigger for DS Game, cheat.txt for Cheat, and for Save As, I made it so it saves as chronotriggerfix.nds.
4. Left trainer checked and checked ARM7 Fix.
5. Autopatched, then I put the newly created chronotriggerfix.nds on my NDS.

Can anyone tell me the file size of the fixed version? I've tried this multiple times and the file size I get is 85,911 KB(83.8 MB).

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
cmonster said:
I've tried patching using the method posted by logicstorm and though the "Initializing save" error is gone, instead I get the "Unable to access data. Please turn the power OFF and reinsert the Game Card" error now. I'm sure I did everything correctly.

Here is what I did:

1. Created a Chrono Trigger rom with Arm7fix using dslazy then renamed it to donor (donor.nds).
(...)

maybe this is the problem? you did an arm7 fix patch to an already arm7 fixed file :S

Well.. I'm pretty new to NDS, so I don't have a clue either..

cmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1ns0mn14 said:
cmonster said:

Here is what I did:

(...)

maybe this is the problem? you did an arm7 fix patch to an already arm7 fixed file :S

Well.. I'm pretty new to NDS, so I don't have a clue either..

If I understand how the program works.. I need to create a rom that has a Arm7fix applied to it so it could "donate" the working ARm7 to a clean rom.

cmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I got it. I was stupid and didn't patch it using max crash method. I'm gonna play to see if it works now.

[edit]

Hmm, my game freezes at Leene Square when I go up the stairs to where I meet Marle. I'm sure I did it right this time with the cheat...

cmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, the Arm7 and Max Crash Method obviously worked for me since my game doesn't hang on start up anymore but it still freezes when I run up the stairs at Leene Square. From what people have said already, the game is supposed to freeze at the portal due to the copyright protection, correct? Then isn't the freezing in my game an entirely new problem?

And I'm 100% sure I put the cheat in correctly. Copy and pasted the first cheat, left the cheat name on top, saved it as a .txt file using notepad, and selected the file from the DSATM menu.

I'm using firmware 1.13. I'm planning to move on to another flashcart pretty soon but I still want to figure out what is causing my game to freeze. I paid $120 for this POS and I'm going to squeeze out ever last drop.

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cmonster said:
it still freezes when I run up the stairs at Leene Square. From what people have said already, the game is supposed to freeze at the portal due to the copyright protection, correct? Then isn't the freezing in my game an entirely new problem?

The portal is the first check, Leene Square is the second. Both have been confirmed to be the same check.

shazman1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Neuromancer said:
cmonster said:
it still freezes when I run up the stairs at Leene Square. From what people have said already, the game is supposed to freeze at the portal due to the copyright protection, correct? Then isn't the freezing in my game an entirely new problem?

The portal is the first check, Leene Square is the second. Both have been confirmed to be the same check.

damn, so we need another cheat for the stairs check? damn u square. i refuse to give up on this, i have to get it to work.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shazman1984 said:
Neuromancer said:
cmonster said:

damn, so we need another cheat for the stairs check? damn u square. i refuse to give up on this, i have to get it to work.

Damn u Square? You are barking at the wrong tree, all the other flashcarts have a workaround by now, as expected. DAMN U DS-X !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-