ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

flywithme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
cracker said:
Good DSTT patch

It should also work on most other carts as long as they don't need an ARM7 fix (except for probably the m3 Real?).

Thanks!
However, it still shows that checksum fail during patching... May i know which rom dump you used?
I tested it on the dump from romulation and NDS-XPA, both fail the checksum...

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Maybe the M3 Real needs an ARM7 fix..

or...

QUOTE said:
I think I found a possible solution to the m3 perfect lite save problem.

1. Load the original unpatched Chrono Trigger (J) rom to the sd card using the m3 game manager.

2. Rename the generated .dat file in the NDSSAVE folder as the name of the patched rom (ex. if name of patched rom is patched.nds, rename unpatched rom's .dat as patched.dat)

That should be it. The problem with the m3 game manager loading in the patched rom is that it does not create a .dat file for it. The unpatched rom's .dat is still compatible with the patched rom, so it should work. It did for me anyway. Hope this helps.

could this be of help??

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flywithme said:
cracker said:
Good DSTT patch

It should also work on most other carts as long as they don't need an ARM7 fix (except for probably the m3 Real?).

Thanks!
However, it still shows that checksum fail during patching... May i know which rom dump you used?
I tested it on the dump from romulation and NDS-XPA, both fail the checksum...

You grabbed the (U) version right? ctdsu-ttds.rar

Damian1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a fix for the n.card clones like DS-Linker?
i really want to play this game... and there will be no release in europe...

Mutenroushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hum... I was reading some people talking about the filmware and I went to take a look on mine.
I'm using the
M3G6_DS_Real_v2.9_E16_EuropeUSAMulti

So if I download some new one from this page:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=70

My chances get better? And Which one should I choose? I would like to take the E version, but looks like the U version is the last one?
And do I have to delete my roms and saves from the flash card while changing the filmware? Or I can just delete the old, put the new one and start playing?

sorry for the noob questions and thanks for the help^^"

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
benuneko said:
Update the firmware! I did and mine works perfectly now!

so it works perfectly.. care to tell me if this is with or without my M3 Real patch?
smile.gif

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Inspired by a past post from cracker...

(Partial quote following)

QUOTE said:
For anyone with a CycloDS (and possibly other carts that white screen with the patch)
Change the RAM address to 0x23fd000

...I made another patch which should work with CycloDS/EDGE and carts getting a white screen error with other patches. (Make sure you always got the LATEST FIRMWARE for your cart, it's vital)

Get it below:
chrono.trigger.(u)-patch_misc.rar

This is not tested by me, as I only own an R4 cart.

shooshoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I tried the patch that Insomnia posted specifically for the M3 DS Real and still no go. Does the same thing...I try to boot the game and it freezes at the creating sav screen. Not sure why it seems to be working for others but not me. I did exactly what was instructed.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
shooshoo said:
Well I tried the patch that Insomnia posted specifically for the M3 DS Real and still no go. Does the same thing...I try to boot the game and it freezes at the creating sav screen. Not sure why it seems to be working for others but not me. I did exactly what was instructed.

benuneko had the same issues, but he claims it works after updating his M3 Real firmware..
tried pming him? he's gone for a while, I bet he's busy playing it, hasn't said a word ever since he got it running fine X)
Can't blame him 'bout it either
wink.gif

CharlesA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After testing, the m3 patch does not work with either M3 DS Real Loader v4.1 X33 and M3 iSakuReal *English Edition* (11-19-08).

Yet again, if someone could find a easy way to play it on the M3 Real that does not involve the cheating thing (which is quite a cluster.. to my non-nerd mind) nor any fancy coding, it would be greatly appreciated.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
darn.. so the M3 Real patch fails? there's a few things I could try with it..

by the way I noticed that when I use my first fix on my R4 and try to enable any cheats I get a white screen hang..

Yet, when I use the last one I posted (chrono.trigger.(u)-patch_misc.rar) the game doesn't hang at all
smile.gif

So it works fine for R4 as well
smile.gif
If you want to be able to use cheats should use this patch instead. It seems to be the most universal one, all I know is it won't work on M3 real since the cheat is different there.

You only have to change the game ID on the database:

Should be
YQUE 19B72C34

(if you used a clean Xenophobia dump)

yay~!

Mutenroushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I instaled the M3 DS Real Loader v4.1a X34 and now I don't have the saving problem from before. I tried to pass the first gate on the Millenia Fair to make sure the piracy protection would not make the game crash, and it worked with no problems. so I guess I'm okay for now
smile.gif

Just something strange:
when choose Game manager on the main menu, it says "no directory" and I can't see anything there. So I can't use cheats at all. But I did put the last Cheat.db archive there @.@
And when I go to the content folder, I can play the games normaly, but the save files are all there visible, something that did not happen before. This is normal?

since I normaly don't use cheats i'm not really worried, I'm more curious about if this is a question to be fixed or if I did something wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1