Hacking Choosing an microSDHC card

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I recently purchased an Acekard 2, however I am still in need of a micro sdhc card. Initially, I was considering buying an 8gb one from my local computer store, but unfortunately they had only class 2 ones. So... I went looking in another computer store, this time around they did have a class 6 8gb on their parts list, but it had to be ordered. Now I'm not a very patient person so I decided against this. So anyway... my question is does class rating really affect the performance of the cart and if so by how much??

I think if worst comes to worst I will buy the class 2 8GB, or if that is too slow a class 6 4gb, although 4gb seems quite restrictive to me...

Any opinions?

darkriku197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i have a 2gb micro sd card and i'd say unless you plan on putting movies/ your entire music collection. on your ds 4GB is enough, because the price increases drastically when you go higher up.

With my 2GB card i have around 30 ds games and 20 songs, and i still have some room. I don't know if there are better SDHC cards out there now but before they were slower than 2GB cards. Someone may have to correct me though.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
I think class 4 should be the minimum class that you should look at. Deal extreme members say that a class 2 8GB works. But to be on the safe side a class 4.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
ShAdOwFuRi said:
... my question is does class rating really affect the performance of the cart and if so by how much??

I think if worst comes to worst I will buy the class 2 8GB, or if that is too slow a class 6 4gb, although 4gb seems quite restrictive to me...

Any opinions?

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is supposed to be one of those problem games and I am having zero issues with that after many hours gameplay. All this with a regular Toshiba 2GB MicroSD card (which isn't even Class-labelled) bought off ebay. Your results may vary.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
foob, as stated before microSD cards (which aren't rated) are generally faster than even class 6 microSDHC cards.

To answer the question in the OP, yes the class does matter. But it's not a perfect measure of a card's speed so some class 4 cards may outperform class 6 cards when used in a flash cart. You're better off purchasing a brand/model that others have had good luck with using your particular flash cart.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.