Homebrew Question ChoiDuJourNX Full Reset Factory

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the factory reset doesn't remove error codes otherwise people would be banned for using it which people have already been banned for performing.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure the factory reset doesn't remove error codes otherwise people would be banned for using it which people have already been banned for performing.
Everything is gone.

It is a virgin Switch again.

Next version of my Switchboot will have Factory Reset built in.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Everything is gone.

It is a virgin Switch again.

Next version of my Switchboot will have Factory Reset built in.
Wouldn't this ban people for those who went online with error codes since people were banned for clearing error codes with nx-dreport? Or does ChoiDujourNX's method handle the removal in a more clean way?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't this ban people for those who went online with error codes since people were banned for clearing error codes with nx-dreport? Or does ChoiDujourNX's method handle the removal in a more clean way?
But for those who went online anyway, are logged... so there always a risk for them to be banned regardless of what they do...The method above will remove everything,and wont be ban-able if they have never been online, or there logs sent online.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But for those who went online anyway, are logged... so there always a risk for them to be banned regardless of what they do...The method above will remove everything,and wont be ban-able if they have never been online, or there logs sent online.
But how would a person know? Kids can input Wi-Fi settings even if the parents remove them or they may accidentally connect to a Nintendo Hotspot while they are outside. And there are plenty of people who would still take the risk of doing this despite already connecting their hacked console online. You can't stop people from trying.

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh... Ninty says when you log in.. How nuch errors does this guy have... 10.. How much errors reported for these consoles on the net.. 7... Ban wave.. in 6 hours itzi over..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But how would a person know? Kids can input Wi-Fi settings even if the parents remove them or they may accidentally connect to a Nintendo Hotspot while they are outside. And there are plenty of people who would still take the risk of doing this despite already connecting their hacked console online. You can't stop people from trying.
there are no nintendo hotsposts here, fellow 3ds user..

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I question the validity of that.

In the early days, I routinely cleared errors. On both the main units that are in use in our house...

4.0.1... waiting for a ban... never came
5.1.0... still waiting...never came
6.2.0... nothing
7.0.1... still not banned

Pokemon LGP/LGE came/went... no ban
Smash... no ban

After testing AMS, a BIG list of Retroarch crashes... etc etc...

Still both units remain unbanned. One of them looks like it has been dropped out of an aeroplane, but it isn`t banned... Just put YT on there to test. Been making FW packages.

So I`d say just clearing logs (at least in my case) has not led to a ban.

But then again, all our carts are legit, dumped to XCI & NSP with correct certs. We have a 5 year old who loses them... 4th copy of Mario Kart!!! However, the unit doesn`t go online when playing. The other one is my other halfs. She is a Stardew Valley freak.

My bench unit is banned. But that was already banned when I received / recycled the unit and stripped the console for spares.

Cerbert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

this message to confirm that "Full Factory reset" ChoixdujourNX option is very effective. The switch is clean.

I had connect the switch online and for the moment everything his fine. :)

Update 5.1.0 to 7.0.1 --> OK
Update legit game --> OK
Online mode --> OK

Thank's so much for all !

Reactions: stick267

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi all,

this message to confirm that "Full Factory reset" ChoixdujourNX option is very effective. The switch is clean.

I had connect the switch online and for the moment everything his fine. :)

Update 5.1.0 to 7.0.1 --> OK
Update legit game --> OK
Online mode --> OK

Thank's so much for all !
Any updates? I'm very curious if this method really 100% cleans it.

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any updates? I'm very curious if this method really 100% cleans it.
Yes. It really does clean it.

It cleans it to the extent that the Nintendo etc folder is no longer valid and forces you to make a new one.

Every single unit - and I mean every single one, (mostly that I have emunand`d), I`ve cleaned the nand and not one unit has been banned. And they had everything - pirated NSPs, Creatables(piss be upon him) Pikabricker, the lot.

However, I speak of only the units done for family and friends that I am still in "contact" with... Obviously, I cannot speak for the units that have been and gone, as anything could have happened to them in that time.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes. It really does clean it.

It cleans it to the extent that the Nintendo etc folder is no longer valid and forces you to make a new one.

Every single unit - and I mean every single one, (mostly that I have emunand`d), I`ve cleaned the nand and not one unit has been banned. And they had everything - pirated NSPs, Creatables(piss be upon him) Pikabricker, the lot.

However, I speak of only the units done for family and friends that I am still in "contact" with... Obviously, I cannot speak for the units that have been and gone, as anything could have happened to them in that time.
I just did one, I tought my game card port might been broken because of a bad ticket. But it was just a shitty connector from Nintendo.

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just did one, I tought my game card port might been broken because of a bad ticket. But it was just a shitty connector from Nintendo.
Yeah I've had crap btb connectors. A strand of copper wire works wonders for missing pins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally