Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
If I update from 2.3.0 to 5.1.0 using this AND I DISABLE AutoRCM (yes, I wanna burn my fuses), this will be like updating using internet or there will be any differences?
I just want to update my Switch offline as my internet it's ULTRA-Intermitent...

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK can someone explain me this? I got switch new and updated right away before doing any modding. to 5.x
Now i am modded with hetake and atmosphere. So my fuses are not "burned" right?

Only if i want to update again, i have to employ this method in this thread?

If I update now through official means, my fuses will be burned?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK can someone explain me this? I got switch new and updated right away before doing any modding. to 5.x
Now i am modded with hetake and atmosphere. So my fuses are not "burned" right?

Only if i want to update again, i have to employ this method in this thread?

If I update now through official means, my fuses will be burned?
You have 6 burned fuses, you won't be getting under 5.x.x with the stock bl so there's no point in using ChoiDoujour for you

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But I don't understand. what is this burning fuses stuff?
That is only if you connect to nintendo servers doing stuff when you are ALREADY modded.

I updated when I was NOT modded. then I went offline right away.
So aslong as I dont connect I couldnt have any burned fuses from updating, because I did what any normal switch user would do with their console, update it.

After I modded it i was offline. So no way of knowing for nintendo. Unless you are implying that burning fuses is also an offline process?

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don't understand. what is this burning fuses stuff?
That is only if you connect to nintendo servers doing stuff when you are ALREADY modded.

I updated when I was NOT modded. then I went offline right away.
So aslong as I dont connect I couldnt have any burned fuses from updating, because I did what any normal switch user would do with their console, update it.

After I modded it i was offline. So no way of knowing for nintendo. Unless you are implying that burning fuses is also an offline process?
As soon as you rebooted after updating the firmware officially through Nintendo, you burnt a fuse. If you have 6 burnt fuses, then you are officially on the switch's latest firmware.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As soon as you rebooted after updating the firmware officially through Nintendo, you burnt a fuse. If you have 6 burnt fuses, then you are officially on the switch's latest firmware.
What?? i dont understand. I thought burned fuse= banned from nintendo server
Doesn't make sense. by that logic anyone who'd update be banned..

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch reads how many fuses have been burned and it expects a certain number for each firmware. Here's a table with that info http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Fuses#Anti-downgrade

This has nothing to do with online, your account or getting banned.

If you updated to 5.X before modding that means your switch now has 6 burnt fuses. That also means that if you were to try to boot an official firmware less that 5.X it would not work. You can verify how many fuses you have burned through hekate.

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, burnt fuses has nothing to do with being banned. Burnt fuses is nintendo's way of preventing users from downgrading their switch's firmware to an older version of the firmware. Apparently there's work being done by others that will allow those with 5 or fewer burnt fuses to run cfw easier without the need to inject payloads like Sx Os, Reinx, or hekate. If you're not interested in waiting for that day and are fine using the current methods, then it's really not a big deal.

Last edited by efxonly123,

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hekate will also boot stock if you dont have a microsd in or the ini file is missing... which is something ill correct soon enough I guess, for safety
I booted into briccmii and maybe some other hekate payload (forget which one it was, but never went into ofw/cfw) after i did 1.0.0 to 5.1.0 whats the chances my cart slot got updated? lol.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, burnt fuses has nothing to do with being banned. Burnt fuses is nintendo's way of preventing users from downgrading their switch's firmware to an older version of the firmware. Apparently there's work being done by others that will allow those with 5 or fewer burnt fuses to run cfw easier without the need to inject payloads like Sx Os, Reinx, or hekate. If you're not interested in waiting for that day and are fine using the current methods, then it's really not a big deal.
People shoulve told me before about this. they said there was no disadvantage to updating... switch game on 4.0 which i bought a week ago..
Darn.. So im stuck with this injecting payload thing it seems forever. unless a new hack is foundsomehow

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People shoulve told me before about this. they said there was no disadvantage to updating... switch game on 4.0 which i bought a week ago..
Darn.. So im stuck with this injecting payload thing it seems forever. unless a new hack is foundsomehow
It's really not that big of a deal. If you set up autorcm and keep the switch on sleep while in the dock, the switch boots up and you can begin playing any game you want within seconds.

Last edited by efxonly123,

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated to 5.0.2 (exFAT) from 3.0.2 using the Octopath Traveler xbin and assumed this meant the exFAT support was installed too, but whenever I use my 128 GB microSD it tell me the SD card can't be used.

Any input would be great, thanks!

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated to 5.0.2 (exFAT) from 3.0.2 using the Octopath Traveler xbin and assumed this meant the exFAT support was installed too, but whenever I use my 128 GB microSD it tell me the SD card can't be used.

Any input would be great, thanks!
Did you select the exfat option when it was presented in ChoiDujourNX? If so, maybe try a different exfat formatted microsd card to confirm it's not the card.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's really not that big of a deal. If you set up autorcm and keep the switch on sleep while in the dock, the switch boots up and you can begin playing any game you want within seconds.
Sounds like a bad thing for the battery?
And im gonna buy mutiple sd's so I will have to keep turning it on and off.
A perma hack is out of the question, or hard to say?

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds like you didnt do ya research properly before doing things or was heavily misinformed by people.

What firmware did you have before updating?

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you select the exfat option when it was presented in ChoiDujourNX? If so, maybe try a different exfat formatted microsd card to confirm it's not the card.

As in 5.0.2 (exfat) vs 5.0.2 when it was presented? I chose the exFat option.

Is the exfat option controlled by the specific sigpatches?

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a bad thing for the battery?
And im gonna buy mutiple sd's so I will have to keep turning it on and off.
A perma hack is out of the question, or hard to say?

I don't know the wear and tear it would put on the battery, but you could turn it off if you won't be using it for a while. The perma hack has been talked about for a while, so who knows if it will ever be released, so I say enjoy the system now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://i.ibb.co/ryyCd9J/20240526-163308.jpg I got a new friend guys