Homebrew Checkpoint, a simple and fast save manager

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
When I go to cheats for a title, there is a list of them with checkboxes next to each. What is that for? You enable or disable cheats via Luma3DS. Is that for downloading or something?

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to cheats for a title, there is a list of them with checkboxes next to each. What is that for? You enable or disable cheats via Luma3DS. Is that for downloading or something?
Larger code lists are more of a pain to search through, and you may not need codes for a different version of a game. The check boxes let you pick only the cheats you want without having to manually trim down the cheat file.

Reactions: Searinox

Ichisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, silly question. Switch version. Can I add codes only manually? Or is there a way to automatically download them, like with another homebrew?

Reactions: Sapphire01

Renn0913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with the animal crossing cheats (im on 3ds btw), i'm not sure how they are supposed to work. I selected the few i wanted and tried the shortcuts, for example L + A, but nothing happens?

Last edited by Renn0913,

TheNewOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I bought a Switch with Checkpoint 3.6.0 installed. I cant back up anything because the touch screen nor the buttons dont work.

How do I update Checkpoint? Do I merge the new folder I download together with the pre existing folder? Or do I have to follow a different method?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ive been trying to use checkpoint cheats on my yokai watch 2 eur ver.2 but none of them seem to work except for unlimited stamina.
Anyone got the rest working?

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Is anybody else having an issue with Checkpoint not able to detect games that are from a different region than the handheld console e.g. a JPN game not appearing in Checkpoint on a USA console?

I have been trying to make a backup of my saved file of a certain Japanese game, but the game simply would not appear on Checkpoint, as if though it does not exist.

The same is also true with the latest version of JKSV. I'm guessing this must be a inherent issue when region-emulating a game on the 3DS.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ive been trying to use checkpoint cheats on my yokai watch 2 eur ver.2 but none of them seem to work except for unlimited stamina.
Anyone got the rest working?

May be the version of the game. Some games get minor updates between different region releases. Have to tried with an older version of the game? Most cheats gets tested on the USA version. You may want to load cheats specific for the Euro version.

Is anybody else having an issue with Checkpoint not able to detect games that are from a different region than the handheld console e.g. a JPN game not appearing in Checkpoint on a USA console?

I have been trying to make a backup of my saved file of a certain Japanese game, but the game simply would not appear on Checkpoint, as if though it does not exist.

The same is also true with the latest version of JKSV. I'm guessing this must be a inherent issue when region-emulating a game on the 3DS.

Unfortunately I think checkpoint uses the 3DS firmware to load the save files so if the game is the wrong region it won't load. I think there are ways to change the region of a rom but that might mess save files and cheats.

Edit: For games installed in your SD card on a hacked console the save files can be copied manually I think?

Last edited by raxadian,

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
I think the saved file would require dumping first with a tool like Checkpoint or JKSV before it can be transferred elsewhere as a backup. I'm guessing the saved files are encrypted in the system somehow.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you hold B to refresh your list of titles in Checkpoint? That's usually the problem when games are unexpectedly not showing up.

I'm guessing the saved files are encrypted in the system somehow.
They are indeed. It is possible to decrypt them using a PC (as long as you have your moveable.sed), though it is not nearly as simple as using Checkpoint or JKSM.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can I install saves from non installed games on the Switch? I want to install Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee for the content they give you on Sword/Shield but I don't want to install them, I downloaded some savefile online but I can't select them on Checkpoint to restore them

Last edited by Chuardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...