Question Check required firmware for NSP game updates?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Thandor, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Thandor
    OP

Thandor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2018
    Germany
    Using 4.1.0 and thinking about updating my games to a newer/latest update to get bug fixed or new features. Is there a way to check a NSP which system feature is needed? I came across a few titles that require a 5.x.x firmware, like Mario Tennis Aces. But with CDNSP I can download older patches if there are more than one for a game, but how can I see which one would be the last that works on 4.1.0?

2. PrixM

PrixM GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Germany
    You can use many tools
    XCI Explorer or Switch.Backup.Manager .... to get the masterkey revision/needed FW version Masterkey 4 =FW5

3. Thandor
    OP

Thandor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2018
    Germany
    Unfortunately that is not working correctly. For example, both programs show MasterKey3 (4.0.0-4.1.0) for the latest Mario Tennis Aces Update, but the game is asking for a system update and needs higher than 4.1.0.

4. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    you're in luck. I've just finished doing that feature to Switch Backup Manager

sbm.PNG

I've already submitted a pull request to the main repo, but in the mean time if you want to build it yourself feel free to get it here https://github.com/garoxas/Switch-Backup-Manager

BulleT2k and Thandor like this.