NightKry

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've gone to Start> System Options> Default Patch Options, and Enabled Cheat code usage. then I've gone to a game, press Y clicked Cheats selected one, and pressed Rebuild, then i hit Start. That didn't work. So i then went to a game, pressed Y, and pressed Y to go to 'rom settings' and enabled cheat/action replay.

I still cannot cheat though. =/ What am I doing wrong?
I just got this cart two days ago, it's great =D

My cheat.dat is the current one (since Narin came back)

Thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#Cheats

Code:
Cheats
The Cheat Window, press Start > Cheats or Touch the Cheat button on .NDS properties (or the Select button) 

How to Enable Cheats
Once you open the Cheat Window, you will see codes that are not sorted into folders first, followed by folders, in a list. Folders can be expanded by pressing the A button while highlighting it. Pressing the A button while a cheat is highlighted will enable the cheat, or disable it if it is already enabled. Pressing the Start or Select button will save and exit. 

The cheat patch needs to be enabled or else the cheats won't work. The patch can be enabled globally at Start > System Options > Default Patch Options. 

Cheat Window Options
There are two options, Rebuild (X Button), and Sel. DB "Select Database" (Y Button). 

Rebuild
The Rebuild button will disable all cheats, and update the cheat list to the newest file. Each time you update the Cheats DB you should rebuild the CC file. This will enable the new games to not only use the cheats but build each game a file which allows for faster cheat access. 

Select Database
This lets you chose which Database you use in the __aio/cheats directory. The benefit of this is the option to have the compiled database and a custom or older version in there too. 

Hotkeys
While in-game, cheats are enabled by default on loading. Press start+select+down to disable cheats. Start+select+up reenables them.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
that seems to be the down-side of having the best documentation of any firmware running on any flash linker... people tend to skim it because their mind is already trained to not expect useful information when it comes to the documentation. we have done our best to make the akaio wiki as complete as possible.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: