cheats, M3 perfect (SD), GBA: how to??

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by nintenduh, Dec 7, 2008.

Dec 7, 2008
  1. nintenduh
    OP

Newcomer nintenduh Member

Netherlands
    Hi!

First of all, sorry for the topic name. At least this has all the subjects in it;)

Now for my question...

After having played with my DSTT NDS games (which work perfectly) I was digging through my GBA games, and found "Aria of Sorrow".

Now, I like this whole getting all souls quest, but it takes long:P So I decided to use cheats...

I just don't get how to use them:s

This is my equipment:

M3 Perfect with a NORMAL SD card.

This is what I did so far:

-I downloaded a file for the M3 perfect SD containing a lot of cheatfiles.
    -I placed the aria of sorrow (E) cheat file (.cht) file on my SD card (root).
    -I placed the aria of sorrow ROM (E) on my SD card (root).
    -I used gamemanager v36 to patch aria of sorrow as follows:
    1). Write GBA;
    2). Pick the aria of sorrow file
    3). select RTSaving
    4). Rompatch: hardware 1 (this is standard highlighted)
    5). Cheatcode enable (and then I select the cheatfile that on my DS card)
    6). I write the file
    -I pick the gamesave map and place it on my SD card

Now what did I do wrong?
    I read somewhere that by pressing A+B+L+R ingame, you enter the RTsaving/cheatmenu...but nothing:( Can't enter the menu

thank you for your help!

p.s. English is not my native language, so sorry for my grammar

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Well, I know you can patch GBA games through the M3 Game Manager program and when you boot that game, you can set cheats for that game in the beginning, but what I wonder about is that option in the L+R+A+B menu that says "Game Cheat". No matter what I try, I can't figure out how to make that work......I've searched Google and have never read anything about the feature, what it does or how to utilize it.

EDIT: Oh GEEZ! I didn't notice how ancient this thread was......I spotted it when Googling for info on the cheat feature within the M3 Perfect.

3. covert

Newcomer covert Member

Australia
    I have exactly the same problem. The ABLR button combo gets me to the M3 menu while ingame. When I try to select "Game cheat" from the menu (last item) and press A I get returned to the game. I don't get the expected cheat menu as see on game startup. Still looking for a solution.

M3 SD on GBA Micro.

Game is pokemon Fire red and leaf green. U and E version all with there correct cheat file.