Hacking Cheat Code Editor

timgorden11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

Ok so i just got a DSTT and it's playing eveything fine i've had no probs with that but what i have been having problems with is the "Cheat Code Editor" program. The only cheat database that it will open is the one that comes with the "Cheat-code-editor-en-v1.01" zip file itself.

If i try to open any other cheat data bases in it then it just crashes straight away. The specific cheat database that i want to open and edit is this one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2921 (as the cheats in this one are in english and the ones that were previously on the dstt were in chinese)

Heres a link to the place i've been downloading the editor from: http://www.ndstt.biz/Dstt-Download/DSTT_ND...ode_Editor.html

I've tried downloading the same file from several sources and the same thing happens.

So yeah is there someway i can get it to open the database without it crashing? Or failing that are there any other programs that will let me open and edit a cheat database?

Thanks!

timgorden11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Corrupt? Really? They work fine on the ttds itself and the cheats ive activated so far have worked on the games.

Yeah i've already tried to open the "11_28_08_CHEAT(UE).DAT.zip" file from the link you provided in the Cheat code editor but it brings up an error msg saying "database format error"

I tried putting the "CHEAT" file from that zip file on the ttds as well but it didn't seem to work, do i have to rename it or something? Or does it just go straight in the "USRCHEAT" files place?

Thanks!

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know what exactly causes it to crash but I'd try updating the firmware to the latest one, you never know
wink.gif

timgorden11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean the firmware for the DSTT? That's upto date and working fine the prob im having is with the Cheat code editor program i've got version 1.01 which i got from the dstt website. Is there a newer version or something?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
timgorden11 said:
You mean the firmware for the DSTT? That's upto date and working fine the prob im having is with the Cheat code editor program i've got version 1.01 which i got from the dstt website. Is there a newer version or something?
Use R4CCE from Yasu's site. Also the DSTT uses the usrcheat.dat not the cheat.dat so you can download the usrcheat.dat file from http://cheats.gbatemp.net and place it in your TTMenu folder.

timgorden11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*slaps self accross face* lol i didn't even notice that usercheat.dat file i thought the "cheat" file was exactly the same, thanks sooo much for that.

The "11_28_08_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip" opens fine in the Cheat code editor
smile.gif

Whats R4CCE from Yasu's site?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1