Cheapest place to get a DS Lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by yasahiro, Sep 20, 2010.

1. yasahiro
    OP

yasahiro Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2010
    United States
    Well, I recently got my R4, had it for a week, now my DS has bit the dust, so to speak. [​IMG] Any ideas where I might get a replacement? Everywhere I look is too expensive.

2. TheRealFatShady

TheRealFatShady Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2010
    United States
    What's exactly wrong with yours? Fix it. And Craigslist would be the cheapest most likely, I've seen some under $70

3. samjef11

samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 28, 2009
    Try ebay.com

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Depending on what wrong with your DS Lite, you might be able to fix it rather than getting another one.

5. yasahiro
    OP

yasahiro Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2010
    United States
    The top screen wont display anything, or the image is all garbled and not legible at all... And apparently the top screen is the hardest to fix, you have to loop the ribbon cable inside the hinge and... yeah, it seems scary, for such a fragile ribbon cable.. lol.

6. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Apr 21, 2010
    Melbourne
    If your looking to buy another one, you may aswell at least try and fix this one, that way, if you can fix it, you didn't just waste money buying a new ds.

7. TFDELTA

TFDELTA GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2008
    NO soy de Barcelona ni Madrid
    yes, ebay

8. craplame

craplame GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2010
    United States
    I'd recommend Craigslist in your area. People are selling DS lites for at least $65 or under.

9. chrisc

chrisc Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2009
    Have done a skin change on a Dsl. Seems scary but goes okay. Plenty of guides out there. If the screen is still working I would first check inside that the top screen ribbon is seated properly....a new screen is only $10. So as mentioned earlier you wont lose by trying to fix it.