Hacking Cheapest and easiest mod method

Banny33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
These two probably don't go hand in hand, but what is the easiest/cheapest way to install custom firmware on an xbox with the latest dashboard.

As I would like to give this a go at some point, mainly so I can say I have done it, and get more use out my xbox, I would probably try some of the games before buying them, if they are good I usually buy them anyway, and so I can run homebrew apps emulators and such.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are other details needed besides dashboard. Is it a phat or slim 360. If it is a slim what mobo DVD drive combo do you have? To run homebrew or emulators, all you can do ATM is wait as the newest dash has not been publicly hacked. There is a reliable team who has claimed they have hacked the newest dash, and said they are going to release soon, but that was months ago.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't run homebrew on a flashed box

Besides if you want to mod it in the cheapest way possible then you'll prolly end up flashing it

jTAG and RGH machines are the only machines that can run homebrew
jTAGs are hard to find and a RGH can only be done on Dash 14719 or lower

Unless you dual NAND the system then you cannot play on Live

Banny33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i havent really read up on the xbox methods, there was so many of them I didnt know where to start, ill skip homebrew then, I have other devices, I can play those on.

Id rater try games out and still be able to go on xbox live, do I stll need to jtag? or is there an easier way

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want XBlive and only play games then flash your DVD drive.

Easiest and possibly the most cheapest solution.

jTAG/RGH's need extra cooling and cannot/only dual NANDs can go on XBLive.
Then you still need to make sure you're not signing in with your profile that you use on FSD/XeXmenu/homebrew etc.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the DVD drive in your 360. On the phats all drives are hackable. Samsung's and Hitachi's pre 78/79 only need Lt 2.0 to be online "safe". There is no online "safe" firmware written for Hitachi 78/79's. BenQ and Lite-On drives need Lt 3.0 to be online "safe". As of now the only DVD drive for the slim 360 that is hackable is the Lite-On DG-16D4S drives. The chip (MCIX or winbond) determines what you have to do for the hack (both can use replacement PCB from TX or Maximus).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Lol