Gaming Cheap 360 HDD's on ebay. Opinions?

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Ok, I've seen lot's of cheap 360 HDD's on ebay. they are literally a fraction of the official ones (which are hideously expensive for what they are)

From what I've heard these cheap HDD"s are just drives hacked to work with the 360.

I have also heard that they have problems with compatibility with some stuff. Is this true?

If they work fine then I don't care that they are not the official product. They are still essentially the same thing, a glorified laptop HDD with some software on it.

So is it safe to get one? I don't want to pay a lot for a HDD, as I don't have a massive need for one, I just want more storage to rip games to, so my xbox isn't so horribly noisy.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought one off eBay with the transfer cable for really cheap -- if I remember right I got it for $90. Once I transferred everything over I sold the transfer cable on eBay for $40, so really I got the 60GB hard drive for $50, which is a great deal!

Anyways, I'm pretty sure it was official, since it's in the Microsoft casing and I'm pretty sure he said he got it with his Xbox and didn't need it. Whichever it was though, it works great. I've been using it for 3 months and had zero problems with it.

Could you post some sample links to these possibly fake HDD's?

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im not sure where they get them because the casing is legit. Maybe they get broken 360 hd and put new laptop hd inside the casings.

Any way I bought a 120gb of ebay from Hong Kong seller, it works fine, game save work, dlc works, game installs work, everything works except for BC for xbox 1 games. I only found out after I bought a xbox1 game of live, did a lot of research on it and it seems a common problem for ebay HD's. Something about how they partition the hd.

They are a good buy if dont care about xbox 1 games, Im happy with mine, 120GB hd for half the price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw