Charging issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kibido, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Hi. I have a 3DS XL and with it I bought one of those chinese power chargers. I noticed just now that even though the screen says it's charging and the orange light is on, while i'm playing the battery always goes down until it turns off. If I sleep the console or turn it off then it actually starts charging.
    Do you think this problem is related to a defective battery or to the charger?
    Thank you.

EDIT: I am terribly sorry, I posted in the wrong section!

2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Well, considering chinese chargers are hack jobs I suppose maybe we can bend policy and say this is on topic. :P

I think it is a problem with the charger -- its probably not supplying enough current to charge while playing. Chunk it and spend the $10 on an official charger.

3. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy

So it is possible that the charger isn't powerful enough... [​IMG] Then I hope that's it, I'll try another charger tomorrow. Thanks.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    check the charger stickers,
    on my official charger output is: 4.6V 900mA

check the mA if its the same, but since its chinese product maybe the stickers are a lie

5. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy

Yeah it's 900mA. I'm sure that's as true as my polka dotted pink underwear.

6. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I'd just ditch the Chinese charger personally. There's stores that sell official ones for less than $20. Even third party ones like Nyko are really good. Or else head to a pawn shop and get a 3DS or DSi charger (They're the same cable).

slingblade1170 likes this.
  7. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy

I'll just get the regular one, 20$ isn't much.

Do you mind if I take advantage of this topic to ask another question? I asked in NOOB PARADISE but I'm afraid my message is already being buried. Thanks.