Hacking Charging issue

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. I have a 3DS XL and with it I bought one of those chinese power chargers. I noticed just now that even though the screen says it's charging and the orange light is on, while i'm playing the battery always goes down until it turns off. If I sleep the console or turn it off then it actually starts charging.
Do you think this problem is related to a defective battery or to the charger?
Thank you.

EDIT: I am terribly sorry, I posted in the wrong section!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Hi. I have a 3DS XL and with it I bought one of those chinese power chargers. I noticed just now that even though the screen says it's charging and the orange light is on, while i'm playing the battery always goes down until it turns off. If I sleep the console or turn it off then it actually starts charging.
Do you think this problem is related to a defective battery or to the charger?
Thank you.

EDIT: I am terribly sorry, I posted in the wrong section!
Well, considering chinese chargers are hack jobs I suppose maybe we can bend policy and say this is on topic. :P

I think it is a problem with the charger -- its probably not supplying enough current to charge while playing. Chunk it and spend the $10 on an official charger.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, considering chinese chargers are hack jobs I suppose maybe we can bend policy and say this is on topic. :P

I think it is a problem with the charger -- its probably not supplying enough current to charge while playing. Chunk it and spend the $10 on an official charger.

So it is possible that the charger isn't powerful enough...
mhmnp7pu6.png
Then I hope that's it, I'll try another charger tomorrow. Thanks.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So it is possible that the charger isn't powerful enough...
mhmnp7pu6.png
Then I hope that's it, I'll try another charger tomorrow. Thanks.

check the charger stickers,
on my official charger output is: 4.6V 900mA

check the mA if its the same, but since its chinese product maybe the stickers are a lie

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
check the charger stickers,
on my official charger output is: 4.6V 900mA

check the mA if its the same, but since its chinese product maybe the stickers are a lie

Yeah it's 900mA. I'm sure that's as true as my polka dotted pink underwear.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Yeah it's 900mA. I'm sure that's as true as my polka dotted pink underwear.

I'd just ditch the Chinese charger personally. There's stores that sell official ones for less than $20. Even third party ones like Nyko are really good. Or else head to a pawn shop and get a 3DS or DSi charger (They're the same cable).

Reactions: slingblade1170

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd just ditch the Chinese charger personally. There's stores that sell official ones for less than $20. Even third party ones like Nyko are really good. Or else head to a pawn shop and get a 3DS or DSi charger (They're the same cable).

I'll just get the regular one, 20$ isn't much.

Do you mind if I take advantage of this topic to ask another question? I asked in NOOB PARADISE but I'm afraid my message is already being buried. Thanks.

Hi. I just bought a 3DS XL with 4.2 Firmware and the 3DS Link flashcard. It works ok with games from my region, but Monster Hunter 4 (japanese) isn't working. I start the game and it just sends me back to the main menu again; hasn't region lock been bypassed for a while now? At least according to their website...
Thank you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill