Changing SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by nekojosh, May 10, 2017.

1. nekojosh
    OP

nekojosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    Panama City, Panama
    Hi, I'd like to know which is the best/easiest/recommended method to change the content from one SD card to another?

I'm running a WiiU using CBHC to auto boot into MochaCFW Rednand, I have a 128gb sd card and would like to replace it with a 64gb SD card. How can I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys provide.

2. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Trash your redNAND. You're just wasting up 30GB of your SDCard space, and unlike sysNAND, you will corrupt endless amount of times losing every data you did so far.
    and you're using CFW to boot into CFW while being in another CFW. Doesn't make sense, does it?
    CBHC has it's own CFW built-in, It's called CBHC CFW. Just select it to Autoboot to sysmenu and you will be in CFW.

If you plan on using that 128GB SDCard, you need to format it using SDCard Formatter Tool and completely wipe it.
    Oh before you do that, backup content of your SDCard, just ctrl+c ctrl+v.

3. nekojosh
    OP

nekojosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    Panama City, Panama
    The reason I went with RedNAND is cause the WiiU is mainly used by my niece and I'd rather she corrupt that instead of sysNAND. She's been using it for almost almost 6 months and no issues so far.

I just wanted to change the SD Card since I felt having that 128gb in there is a waste of space since I'm no longer using loadiine and I can use that SD Card on my Switch.

Now if I were to want and convert RedNAND to sysNAND, would that be possible? Keeping all save files and all? My nands are linked.

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    It's near impossible to brick sysnand it pretty much can only be done by a corrupted cold boot haxchi or by deleting things using ftpeverywhere it's actually a lot harder to brick the Sysnand than rednand lol. Any game that was installed to rednand will need to be reinstalled to sysnand to work and the saves can be moved using savemii or the other homebrew programme who's name I can't remember at the moment.

Edit it's called Saviine

Last edited by Marko76, May 11, 2017
  5. nekojosh
    OP

nekojosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    Panama City, Panama
    Ok, if that's the case I'll proceed to migrate to sysnand. That way I can recover the SD card without much issue. Thanks everyone.