Changing DSlite to DS screens

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by jorgemuela, Apr 3, 2011.

1. jorgemuela
    OP

jorgemuela Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2011
    Mexico
    Hi, well im new to this forum, i hope to I can join this community of well-named gamers!!
    I have one question. A friend of mine has one DS who doesnt work the upper screen. Can i change that screen to a DS lite one? there will be problems? I know that ds lite screens offers better resolution and better contrast

2. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    are you asking to put a ds lite top screen on a ds phat's upper body? i don't know the specifics but that sounds like something only a hardcore modder could do

btw, ds phat and lite have the same resolution, just the lite has a better display

3. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    As Terminator02 said, hard-modding isn't easy. I recommend your friend just send the DS to nintendo or the provider and ask them for a repair. Hopefully, it will cost less than buying a new DS.

4. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    You can just phone in and ask for a refurbished DS. It'll be cheaper than buying a brand new one.
    I think it's your only option, since they stopped repairing original DS's IIRC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice