Changing DSlite to DS screens

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by jorgemuela, Apr 3, 2011.

Apr 3, 2011
  1. jorgemuela
    OP

Newcomer jorgemuela Newbie

Mexico
    Hi, well im new to this forum, i hope to I can join this community of well-named gamers!!
    I have one question. A friend of mine has one DS who doesnt work the upper screen. Can i change that screen to a DS lite one? there will be problems? I know that ds lite screens offers better resolution and better contrast

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    are you asking to put a ds lite top screen on a ds phat's upper body? i don't know the specifics but that sounds like something only a hardcore modder could do

btw, ds phat and lite have the same resolution, just the lite has a better display

3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    As Terminator02 said, hard-modding isn't easy. I recommend your friend just send the DS to nintendo or the provider and ask them for a repair. Hopefully, it will cost less than buying a new DS.

4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You can just phone in and ask for a refurbished DS. It'll be cheaper than buying a brand new one.
    I think it's your only option, since they stopped repairing original DS's IIRC.