Changing default ebooks?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jan 16, 2012.

Jan 16, 2012
  1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    I've got a default eBook reader installed onto my Next7p Android tablet and there were eBooks (in epub format) already preloaded into it. They're in a folder titled "25 Free book - Prealoded on Next7" and I wasn't the one to make the typo. I'm not going to read 90% of the books installed, so I'd like to get rid of or exchange them for other books.

Can I delete any of the files and copy over new epub files into the folder, as long as I keep the number of ebooks in the folder at 25?

Edit) I'm actually afraid of trying, in case something goes wrong.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    I don't think it really works that way...But you can always install Aldiko (once you get an SD card for it) and just put the books you want to read on the SD card.

I assume this is an app that won't let you uninstall it? If so and you don't want the app there, see if you can (or already have) root your device and use Titanium Backup to uninstall any bloatware apps you don't want. Really helps with space :P

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it if you rename the epub file to the book you're replacing as long as the app doesn't check the file size it might work...so give that a try, and then if it doesn't go ahead and just delete it and use Aldiko.

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    As I was going to do just that, I was called away. I came back thinking I was finished and unplugged my tablet from the computer. When I went into my ebook reader, the new book was there, was not renamed, and the old book was there also. The folder doesn't even care how many or what files are in it!

4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Huh...must be some kind of Ebook reader then haha. Well...I still suggest using Aldiko, so much better than anything else IMO.