Hacking Changing 3DS query

p2user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a o3DS XL (9.0.0-20E) for my daughter as she currently is using the o3DS(4.5.0-4E) with a gateway card. I have a few queries hopefully someone can help me so I don't mess up :D

1) What is the best way for me to transfer her game saves to the o3DS XL and also how to do it?
2) o3DSXL requires to use the web address to get to the gateway, but I see there is an option to downgrade the firmware. How reliable is this as I have backed up the system nand already? As I prefer her to use the Profile exploit instead of connecting to the web.
3) If I downgrade the firmware does that mean I need to format the current emunand I setup already (which I don't mind)

hopefully someone can help?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why did you buy a second old 3DS?

To system transfer, first get the newest Gateway files and replace launcher.dat. Set up Gateway on the new one and update the emuNAND to the latest. Update the emuNAND on the old one too. Then you can system transfer but choose options that move data wirelessly because if you remove the SD cards while in emuNAND the system will crash (emuNAND runs off the SD card, it would be like pulling the hard drive out of your PC while it is on).

You can follow the PDF manual on the Gateway website for the old 3DS to set it up on the new console.

Edit: Don't worry about downgrading the system, you can set up rxTools on 9.0 and have it autoboot (so you don't have to launch it manually). This means however you can only use CIA files and not .3DS ones.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

p2user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why did you buy a second old 3DS?

To system transfer, first get the newest Gateway files and replace launcher.dat. Set up Gateway on the new one and update the emuNAND to the latest. Update the emuNAND on the old one too. Then you can system transfer but choose options that move data wirelessly because if you remove the SD cards while in emuNAND the system will crash (emuNAND runs off the SD card, it would be like pulling the hard drive out of your PC while it is on).

You can follow the PDF manual on the Gateway website for the old 3DS to set it up on the new console.

Edit: Don't worry about downgrading the system, you can set up rxTools on 9.0 and have it autoboot (so you don't have to launch it manually). This means however you can only use CIA files and not .3DS ones.

Got the O3DSXL for my son since he couldn't use his new 3dsXL anymore with his sky3ds. But someone gave me an offer for a new 3dsXL with the correct firmware for gateway at a very good price so brought that for him. My daughter was happy with the O3DSXL as its bigger screen than her O3DS. Hence the situation i got myself in. Thanks for the info for transferring its worked a treat and my daughter is happy now :D Still deciding if weshould downgrade the firmware, but dont want to complicate things more with rxTools whcih I dont know about and dont want to be limited to CIA only as i only use .3DS

Just now I need to figure how to setup the gateway for the new 3dsxl.

Last edited by p2user,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Got the O3DSXL for my son since he couldn't use his new 3dsXL anymore with his sky3ds. But someone gave me an offer for a new 3dsXL with the correct firmware for gateway at a very good price so brought that for him. My daughter was happy with the O3DSXL as its bigger screen than her O3DS. Hence the situation i got myself in. Thanks for the info for transferring its worked a treat and my daughter is happy now :D Still deciding if weshould downgrade the firmware, but dont want to complicate things more with rxTools whcih I dont know about and dont want to be limited to CIA only as i only use .3DS

Just now I need to figure how to setup the gateway for the new 3dsxl.
There's a PDF tutorial on the gateway website. You'll need cubic ninja (or OoT plus some fiddling with the old 3DS XL to add the save file) to set it up for the first time. For Cakes and ReiNand (two CFWs for the new 3DS) you won't need a cubic ninja. It's possible people have worked out a way around cubic ninja for Gateway but I'm not sure.

p2user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a PDF tutorial on the gateway website. You'll need cubic ninja (or OoT plus some fiddling with the old 3DS XL to add the save file) to set it up for the first time. For Cakes and ReiNand (two CFWs for the new 3DS) you won't need a cubic ninja. It's possible people have worked out a way around cubic ninja for Gateway but I'm not sure.

Thanks again, i don't have cubic ninja, but hoping i can use sky3ds with cubic ninja to help setup. I will take a look at the pdf tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: