Changed Acekard 2i ??

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by mightym, Jan 21, 2009.

Jan 21, 2009

Changed Acekard 2i ?? by mightym at 3:23 PM (1,016 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. mightym
    OP

Newcomer mightym Member

United States
    I just recieved my Acekard 2i and was wandering if they made a change. The reviews I have seen say that it has a spring loaded memory slot. Mine does not. I also noticed that my 2i has a Black PCB. Has anybody else run into this?

Thanks

2. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The 2i is differently designed from the 2.1, just saying. I think the new ones-some of them have a spring loaded, and some don't.

3. Ballistic

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just upgraded from genuine R4 to AceKard 2i for my DSL an DSPhat. So far, it's great especially the custom firmware. Love you drunken coders, no homo though. I bought it from DealExtreme along with the EZ-Flash 3-in-1.

Anyways on-topic: My A2i is totally spring-loaded, even though I don't have to unclick to take out the MicroSD. As for PCB, it's a dark shade of green. I'll try to get pics up.

EDIT: My AceKard has a lump.

4. l_ongshot

Newcomer l_ongshot Newbie

United States
    Where did you order it from? Looking at your AK2i is there a big " lump " where the sticker is?

5. mightym
    OP

Newcomer mightym Member

United States
    I ordered mine from DX and it does have a big lump where the chip sticks up. Where the contacts are and when you take out the memory card the little bit of PCB that you can see is black. I also just upgraded from an R4, it would still play pretty much everything I wanted it to with a little patching, but it was time for a change. I wanted just an AK 2.1 but everywhere I checked was out so I went ahead and ordered the 2i. I am still trying to find any reference of anymore like the one I got, but have had no luck.

Well, with a headlamp and my jewelers loop, I was able to see that my card is spring loaded but it was stuck down, but with some fine manipulation I got it to spring up and now it seems to be working just fine.

6. Ballistic

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Congrats on fixing the spring, I couldn't have done it without breaking it.

Out of curiosity, what SD do you use? I have the "genuine" 8GB SDHC SanDisk from DealExtreme and the 1.3 AKAIO firmware. And I've been experiencing minor 5-6 second lag after I boot the AceKard 2i.

Enjoy the AceKard!

-Ballistic

7. mightym
    OP

Newcomer mightym Member

United States
    The SD I am using is an 8GB Kingston SDHC class 4 made in Japan, it seems to work pretty good. Every now and then the Acekard hangs and I have to turn it off and restart it. I'm not sure what is causing that.