Hacking Change WiiID

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had my wii bricked and had reinstalled a sysmenu 3.2 via BootMii and NAND formatter.
Everything is fine so far but i got a new WiiID.
so is there any Homebrew to change the WiiID back to my old one?
do i need the Wii Backup Disc? (i've read it should be possible with this disc)
And if it's only possible with the Backup Disc, do i need a ModChip to run this Disc? (my wii can still read usual DVDs and DVD-Rs)

would be great if anyone could help me ^^

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i had made a NAND backup using bootmii, i had also tried to restore this backup but it seemed to be defective because after restoring this backup i only got a black screen (full brick).
thats why i restored my wii using NAND formatter

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A bit of an unlogical step...How did you brick it??
There were lots of ways to unbrick your Wii if you have bootmii installed.

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i don't know why it bricked. had'nt installed anything (neither homebrew nor wii shop channel SW)... just know i had a black screen after turning it on. restoring an old NAND backup had the same effect.

I was happy that BootMii still had worked and the way restoring it with NAND Formatter too. All my licences from bought wii shop software are still working too.

but i can't participate in the embassador program, or send/receive Wii Messages because my Wii Serial is stored by Nintendo linked to my old wii ID. (had called Ninty because i got an error my Wii code would be invalid and they told me that my Wii Serial does exist but linked to my old WiiID) and as i don't have access to nintys DB but to my wii i thought it might be possible to change my WiiID back to the old one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.