Change WiiID

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kawaii-Tora, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Kawaii-Tora
    OP

Kawaii-Tora Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I had my wii bricked and had reinstalled a sysmenu 3.2 via BootMii and NAND formatter.
    Everything is fine so far but i got a new WiiID.
    so is there any Homebrew to change the WiiID back to my old one?
    do i need the Wii Backup Disc? (i've read it should be possible with this disc)
    And if it's only possible with the Backup Disc, do i need a ModChip to run this Disc? (my wii can still read usual DVDs and DVD-Rs)

would be great if anyone could help me ^^

2. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    Did you not have a nand backup? If you had a nand backup you could always use it...

3. Kawaii-Tora
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i had made a NAND backup using bootmii, i had also tried to restore this backup but it seemed to be defective because after restoring this backup i only got a black screen (full brick).
    thats why i restored my wii using NAND formatter

4. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    A bit of an unlogical step...How did you brick it??
    There were lots of ways to unbrick your Wii if you have bootmii installed.

5. Kawaii-Tora
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i don't know why it bricked. had'nt installed anything (neither homebrew nor wii shop channel SW)... just know i had a black screen after turning it on. restoring an old NAND backup had the same effect.

I was happy that BootMii still had worked and the way restoring it with NAND Formatter too. All my licences from bought wii shop software are still working too.

but i can't participate in the embassador program, or send/receive Wii Messages because my Wii Serial is stored by Nintendo linked to my old wii ID. (had called Ninty because i got an error my Wii code would be invalid and they told me that my Wii Serial does exist but linked to my old WiiID) and as i don't have access to nintys DB but to my wii i thought it might be possible to change my WiiID back to the old one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice