Change TN-V Exploit Base Game on FW 3.55?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by RyanRDLPS, Feb 1, 2016.

1. RyanRDLPS
    OP

RyanRDLPS GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    Hey there guys/gals!

I'm enjoying TN-V immensely, and rocking some fantastic sessions with Castlevania SOTN.
    I hope you all are enjoying you're respective time as well!

I utilized the Mimana Lyar Chronicles exploit, through my 3.55 Vita.

Everything works great, and I'm learning more and more. Thank you :-)

With that said, my issue is with the exploit base game.

Mimana is 500 MB which is quite large I feel for just an exploit.

How does one change that title to a smaller base game? For instance I've downloaded the demo from PSN "Echochrome" it's only 43 MB.

I've followed various guides and had some various help around the board, but I run into a wall when trying to transfer anything into the internal GAME folder as it seems Sony has disabled write access to the directory.

Any help would be mighty appreciated!

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
  3. RyanRDLPS
    OP

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    That pre-maturely sounds awful. But I'll only be doing it one time. ;-) I appreciate your time Vappy! I'll let you know how it goes!

4. RyanRDLPS
    OP

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    Yup. That did it!
    I was successful! For whatever reason, the FTP homebrew application works for data transfer to the GAME folder on ARK, but not TN-V.
    It's really a simple matter of moving the PBOOT TN-V file into the demo folder (I used a "Mini" type game) once you are using the FTP system inside of ARK!
    I want to document this so if more people have issues, they can follow my route, and hopefully shorten their process.

Now I have a TN-V launcher at only 11 MB!
    For anyone wondering, I purchased the mini title - Alien Zombie Death (11MB) - Smallest I could find for the price! 0.99 cents!