Change the ESR Splash Screen?

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that FreeDVDboot has been out for a while... Wondering if there is a way to change the ESR Splash Screen. By using a simple jpeg Playstation 2 Logo Image Splash would be the icing on the Cake. Would make that selfbooting magic shared with us by Cturt and Ffgriever look uber authentic!!!

Attachments

• 258678-f72ff57c5f652292830767b2e31dc357.png
    258678-f72ff57c5f652292830767b2e31dc357.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 19

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now that FreeDVDboot has been out for a while... Wondering if there is a way to change the ESR Splash Screen. By using a simple jpeg Playstation 2 Logo Image Splash would be the icing on the Cake. Would make that selfbooting magic shared with us by Cturt and Ffgriever look uber authentic!!!
Its not possible to change the ESR splash screen to something different, not without recompiling the source code. It is possible, however, to change the PS2 logo that is encrypted on the disc. https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1492

Reactions: gisel213

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not possible to change the ESR splash screen to something different, not without recompiling the source code. It is possible, however, to change the PS2 logo that is encrypted on the disc. https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1492
Thank You i'll look into recompiling as Ffgreiver has uploaded the source code. The there's a img folder in the source code for the esr-logo.png i'll just replace that with the PS2 logo img as esr-logo.png. If all goes well i'll upload so anyone using freedvdboot discs can make them look more authentic on boot!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If you butter the bread and make it like grilled cheese it's delicious