Hacking Change region if i have a modchip?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm geting confused because all these programs allow me to run backups but i aleardy can because i have a modchip.
You can't run out of region games because you foolishly updated past 4.1. Now your only choices are:
1) Never play out of region games
2) Install Priiloader and use unstable hacks to enable region free
3) Start using something like tinyloader.
4) Downgrade to 4.1E.

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm geting confused because all these programs allow me to run backups but i aleardy can because i have a modchip.
You can't run out of region games because you foolishly updated past 4.1. Now your only choices are:
4) Downgrade to 4.1E.
Ok thanks but if i downgrade to 4.1e i will be able to play out of region games?I think i can't play ntsc because of the modchip.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
4) Downgrade to 4.1E.
Ok thanks but if i downgrade to 4.1e i will be able to play out of region games?I think i can't play ntsc because of the modchip.
It's because of the System Menu that you can't play NTSC games. The modchip would normally allow you to, but everything past 4.1 was designed to kill homebrew, block modchips, and brick region changed Korean Wiis.

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
4) Downgrade to 4.1E.
It's because of the System Menu that you can't play NTSC games. The modchip would normally allow you to, but everything past 4.1 was designed to kill homebrew, block modchips, and brick region changed Korean Wiis.
Thanks!So is more easy to downgrade than install tiny loader,wad manager bla bla bla...
But one question:Will homebrew work on 4.3 because I need it to downgrade :(.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
4) Downgrade to 4.1E.
Thanks!So is more easy to downgrade than install tiny loader,wad manager bla bla bla...
It will work fine. If you don't mind using tinyloader, then there is no need to downgrade. If you do, I suggest you follow this guide so you can have 4.1E with an elevated SM version.

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
4) Downgrade to 4.1E.
It will work fine. If you don't mind using tinyloader, then there is no need to downgrade. If you do, I suggest you follow this guide so you can have 4.1E with an elevated SM version.
So if I downgrade to 4.1E the NTSC games will work without any loader or things like this right?
And i have to softmod my wii?I can play backups,I just want to be able to play NTSC-U.

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So if I downgrade to 4.1E the NTSC games will work without any loader or things like this right?
As long as your modchip allows it, which it should.
I don't know if it can run NTSC because I got a cheap modchip and some time ago I tried to play 2 NTSC backup games but they didn't work (i don't know if is because of the region or just the games ).

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I don't know if it can run NTSC because I got a cheap modchip and some time ago I tried to play 2 NTSC backup games but they didn't work (i don't know if is because of the region or just the games ).
It should work fine.
I searched the internet and I found that some modchips can't run out of region games and I think i've got one of them...
Anyway I'm planing to install Homebrew but it will work to install it if I have a modchip.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It should work fine.
I searched the internet and I found that some modchips can't run out of region games and I think i've got one of them...
Anyway I'm planing to install Homebrew but it will work to install it if I have a modchip.
Well considering you are able to use your modchip at all, I'd say you probably can. Let's say that it can't. You will still have your Wii softmodded so you can play backups that way.

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It should work fine.
Well considering you are able to use your modchip at all, I'd say you probably can. Let's say that it can't. You will still have your Wii softmodded so you can play backups that way.
Can you write a summary of what I have to do (say in order what I have to install and do)

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
JoostinOnline gave you a good advice here also and you could use USB loading too to load any wii game PAL or NTSC
it will save you lots of DVD-r also and it has much more faster loading speed

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
JoostinOnline gave you a good advice here also and you could use USB loading too to load any wii game PAL or NTSC
I have a lot of DVD-R so that's not the problem.I know i can use USB loading but my USB has only 2GB and the most of games have 4.0GB.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It should work fine.
Can you write a summary of what I have to do (say in order what I have to install and do)
I linked to this guide a few posts earlier. It's the very best available IMO.

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It should work fine.
The only problem is that my SD card has only 256mb -_-.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It should work fine.
The only problem is that my SD card has only 256mb -_-.
Buy a 2GB Sandisk for ten bucks, it'll be worth it.

Reactions: 1 person

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I have a lot of DVD-R so that's not the problem.I know i can use USB loading but my USB has only 2GB and the most of games have 4.0GB.
I was not talking about a pendrive but a usb hard disk, also if you convert your games to wbfs format they will be shrunk and eliminate the unwanted data so basiccally a 4.37GB like new super marion bros can be small as 400mb or so

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I can but that but will my Wii work if is both chipmoded and softmoded

To kano:I can't use your way because hard disks are expensive here :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks