Change Hackchi boot sound

Zombro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to change the icon, how do you do the sound? also can you have background music on the main menu?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the boot sound for apps is called the btsnd. there's a wave2btsnd iirc. as for the music on the main menu, people have found it I believe, but I wouldn't change it, because something could go horribly wrong.

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could with sdcaffine, I forgot about that, but I don't know what the name of the background sound is. it's unlikely to be btsnd.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't change the music unless he has cbhc or tiramisu. several people have bricked their systems with those themes, though most were able to recover by having a coldboot hack. the btsnd--the worst that could happen is the game not booting.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wouldn't be so bad to try a custom menu theme in sdcaffine. it won't hurt the system. if it works, you could transfer it to the appropriate location, but only do so if using a coldboot hack. I once bricked transferring a theme, and the byte size was identical on my pc and on the system. not sure what happened, but tiramisu saved me. I was trying to determine if you could ftp a theme with tiramisu as several people had bricked. you can, but it's finicky obviously.

Trophies
XP
Alright I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told the last person asking about this. There is quite literally a tool to edit icons, boot screens, licensing text and boot sounds on both 00050000 and 0005000e directories. It automatically converts and resizes any PNG file to TGA in the correct format so you don't have to hassle with conversion, and it can also convert any WAV file into a btsnd. I'll both attach the file and link the GitHub page.

GitHub: https://github.com/Random06457/Wii-U-Title-Boot-Editor

Attachments

• Wii-U-Title-Boot-Editor.zip
    3 MB · Views: 26
Trophies
XP
as for the music on the main menu, people have found it I believe, but I wouldn't change it, because something could go horribly wrong.
Didnt notice that part originally. Yeah it's possible, but I wouldn't advise it. There are a few things that have to be set in order to even replace it and it's only ever been done on redNAND as far as I can tell.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU