Homebrew Chances of getting banned for 'online play' with custom firmware?

Terrum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got an R4i RTS plus with NTRboot and I'm considering putting custom firmware on my 3DS so I can play 3DS ROMs.

I know this is probably a question that comes up either in a lot of threads, or people are going to ask me to search, but trust me - I did. All of which with varied responses and most of which are not modern.

So, is anyone here able to share their story of whether or not they've been banned for using 'online play' with custom firmware? Are Nintendo still actively looking for hacked consoles that play ROMs online? Is there a way to bypass this ban should it ever occur? (Perhaps a firmware can miraculously edit the the console's UID or such)

Any responses are greatly appreciated and I look forward to any discussions!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got an R4i RTS plus with NTRboot and I'm considering putting custom firmware on my 3DS so I can play 3DS ROMs.

I know this is probably a question that comes up either in a lot of threads, or people are going to ask me to search, but trust me - I did. All of which with varied responses and most of which are not modern.

So, is anyone here able to share their story of whether or not they've been banned for using 'online play' with custom firmware? Are Nintendo still actively looking for hacked consoles that play ROMs online? Is there a way to bypass this ban should it ever occur? (Perhaps a firmware can miraculously edit the the console's UID or such)

Any responses are greatly appreciated and I look forward to any discussions!
There are plenty that are modern. No, there is no ban warning. Only bans you would see was be playing games online early, which there are no more games planned. Or cheating online. There are some bypasses. like the lfcs replacement. But that does depend on what ban you get handed.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are safe to play online with CFW and CIAs. Nintendo seems to have only banned people for playing popular games before release, like Pokemon and banned cheaters. The reason why the threads aren't current is that this situation hasn't changed.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can add that I've been playing online with cfw last three years without being banned and some of those games have been with .cia installed games. I do follow the guidelines of 3ds.hacks.guide, even if you don't really know if they are necessary. I might stop doing those precautions too.

Are there any custom/homebrew 3ds servers being made at the moment so that when Nintendo closes its servers we'll still be able to play online?

D

Deleted User

0 unless they catch you playing a pokemon game online before its release date ( which won't be an issue anymore )

Onion735

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m asking myself the same sort of question. I have an updated Luma 3ds and would like to ask if a NNID has ever been banned globally ? I’m clearly not in the loop, hence the question, but if I don’t care about the 3ds fate anymore, I would really hate to lose my Switch account.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m asking myself the same sort of question. I have an updated Luma 3ds and would like to ask if a NNID has ever been banned globally ? I’m clearly not in the loop, hence the question, but if I don’t care about the 3ds fate anymore, I would really hate to lose my Switch account.

nah, your 3DS will get banned, but your switch will be fine, unless you play pirated games on it while connected to that internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Oh you meant the game. Scratch what I said earlier