CGI Wolverine Claws!

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's summer break for me down in the UK (it has been for over a month!) and i've been keeping myself busy with various film projects and animation stuff.

Today I wanted to try out MatchMover for the first time so I thought, what with The Wolverine only round the corner I may as well give myself some Wolvy claws!

I know it's not long! And before anyone says, I didn't have them sheath/unsheath because I felt it was necessary to grasp the concept and method of MatchMoving and compositing CG objects into live footage, so maybe next time? :P (Unless anyone has cooler ideas!)

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel maybe the initial framerates didn't match as the update time of the claws is more static than the movement behind it... but that's actually pretty cool. Was this relatively-easy to do or something? I know of the basic concept, but have never seen the workflow...

Sorry for the stupidly late reply dude!

Haha, it wasn't the framerate it was actually my lazy masking that made it seem so :P

The pipeline to do something like this is:

-Model and Texture Claws in Autodesk Maya.
-Shoot Live Action Video Footage.
-Matchmove live footage.
-Open Matchm'd footage into Maya
-Import claws into scene (or vice versa)
-Tweak and edit placement of objects to your liking.

That's the simplified version, it obviously has a little few steps within each step :)

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."