Homebrew CFW3DS Save Data Transfer

Maishul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a CFW 2DS, and a Lazarus and LFCS_B restored CFW N3DS, can I do a save data transfer and easily get all of my stuff while keeping CFW on both systems? I'm thinking about giving the 2DS to my GF.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a CFW 2DS, and a Lazarus and LFCS_B restored CFW N3DS, can I do a save data transfer and easily get all of my stuff while keeping CFW on both systems? I'm thinking about giving the 2DS to my GF.
If both 3DS have CFW, you can simply use a save manager like JKSM or Checkpoint. As you have a new 3DS, you cannot system transfer to an old 3DS so the save manager option is your only bet. Make save backups, put the backups on the 2DS SD card, restore them with the same save manager.
If the 2DS isn't hacked, it's extremely easy to do now adays with ntrboot DS flashcards.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Maishul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If both 3DS have CFW, you can simply use a save manager like JKSM or Checkpoint. As you have a new 3DS, you cannot system transfer to an old 3DS so the save manager option is your only bet. Make save backups, put the backups on the other SD card, restore them with the same save manager.
So I can't simply do the save data transfer? I was hoping to give her a blank CFW2DS to save Data Transfer her stuff over to while I kept the N3DS

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't simply do the save data transfer? I was hoping to give her a blank CFW2DS to save Data Transfer her stuff over to while I kept the N3DS
I don't know what you mean by "Save Data Transfer"
Edit: I just looked it up, seems to be a tool to transfer saves from cartridges to the digital version of the game. I've never tried that tool before, but you can try it out I suppose. Don't know if it'll work for cia games but its a possibility.
If it doesn't work, you can always use a save manager homebrew. That way you don't have to lose the saves from your new 3DS. It'll keep the same save on both systems.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Maishul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you mean by "Save Data Transfer"
Edit: I just looked it up, seems to be a tool to transfer saves from cartridges to the digital version of the game. I've never tried that tool before, but you can try it out I suppose. Don't know if it'll work for cia games but its a possibility.
If it doesn't work, you can always use a save manager homebrew.
I meant the like, built in system transfer in the console's settings

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant the like, built in system transfer in the console's settings
Oh like I said, cannot system transfer from new 3DS to old 3DS. Can only transfer from new3DS to new3DS.
Besides if the games were cia installs, they wouldn't transfer (Unless you did a ticket backup beforehand and restored them after). But the save files will never transfer. You definitely need a homebrew save manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte