Hacking CFW Vs Gateway

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently running a 3ds with 4.2 and using cfw.

it's working great aside from my newer games. like the pokemon games, majoras mask and monster hunter 4.

I have two 3ds's right now. one stock that I play those games on and my other one on cfw.

I like to dump all my games and have them running on cfw so I don't have to carry around all my games and especially not having to carry around two 3ds's.

Can a Gateway flashcard run all these games without the need to switch to my stock 3ds?
What are the downsides of Gateway? I was also tempted to trade one of my 3ds xl's in at ebgames for the 100$ credit towards a New 3ds xl. What are you guys's opinions?

Thanks!

Locke644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen, GW is the way to go on older 3ds models. Just don't get anyone started on GW for the N3ds >.>

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you able to play online? like trade pokemon and stuff and use the global trade network or play mh4 online? or will you be banned?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, gateway is better from the compatibility aspect, however this is certainly subject to change as time goes on. That being said, I've went the cfw route myself, and everything I've tried works - although it's pretty much all pre 4.5 games anyways.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Are you able to play online? like trade pokemon and stuff and use the global trade network or play mh4 online? or will you be banned?
if your using your own dumps you should be safe, but the recent bans seem to be down to people using public headers, if you make your own personal backup you will most likely be safe, its not really many people who have been banned anyway, and its mainly sky3ds users who all share the same header data.....but as i said its not guaranteed, but it seems most likely personal dumps are fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome