Hacking CFW Upgrade inquiry

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 886
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
I currently have a PSP-3000 running CFW 6.20 Pro-B10. I decided to purchase Legend of the Dragoon from the PSN store, but I found that I couldn't install it because (I suspect) it runs a check for 6.60 (or whatever the latest PSP firmware is).
I have the permanent CFW patch installed at the moment, but I was wondering whether I would have to upgrade to 6.60 PRO & how to go about it. I'm scrounging around looking for the USB cord, (too many cords!).

thephased

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to run a game that requires 6.60 on 6.20 Pro-B10 you need to put a 6.60 version.txt in your "seplugins" folder on the root of your memory stick and enable it in the recovery menu under configuration (I don't have my PSP right now, but I think that's the location).

Here's a link to the 6.60 version.txt:

http://wololo.net/ta...opic.php?t=9358

There should be other tutorials on that forum about version.txt so search if you need to.

Once you enable the file in the recovery menu you can check to make sure it's enabled by going into system information. It should appear listed like a regular 6.60 OFW version would be.

After its enabled you should be able to run anything that requires that firmware. I assume game installs would work with it the same way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1