Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi , i have 3DS XL with 9.2
and my pokemon bank us almost over , i want to renew another year
however , i don't won't to install gateway , i have alot of games and street pass
is there a way to install CFW 9.4 for brief time using cubic ninja ? or any other method ?

TmenaceDev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A downgrade is required to CFW 4.5.
But you can create a Emunand with 9.4 and all your games and streetpasses tags on other card.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A downgrade is required to CFW 4.5.
But you can create a Emunand with 9.4 and all your games and streetpasses tags on other card.
But all saves with the new encryption would be lost.
I don't think Pokémon Bank uses the new encryption, though.
EDIT: it seems it does.

TmenaceDev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But all saves with the new encryption would be lost.
I don't think Pokémon Bank uses the new encryption, though.

No, this works. I did this on my own 3DS.

9.2 Sysnand -> Backup of SD Files (Nintendo 3DS Folder to PC) -> Create Emunando from GW Luncher -> Downgrade to 4.02 -> Boot on 9.2 Emunand with MT menu to Classic Mode -> Copy Nintendo 3DS folder back to SD (override folder) -> Update Emunando to 9.4 -> Format Sysnand to unlink Nands -> Create Custom Firmware -> Update to 4.5 with Donkey Kong Country Returns Cartridge (Sysnand e CFW).

Emunand 9.4 is the old 9.2 with my complete Mii Plaza and friends + eShop games + Online games.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, this works. I did this on my own 3DS.

9.2 Sysnand -> Backup of SD Files (Nintendo 3DS Folder to PC) -> Create Emunando from GW Luncher -> Downgrade to 4.02 -> Boot on 9.2 Emunand with MT menu to Classic Mode -> Copy Nintendo 3DS folder back to SD (override folder) -> Update Emunando to 9.4 -> Format Sysnand to unlink Nands -> Create Custom Firmware -> Update to 4.5 with Donkey Kong Country Returns Cartridge (Sysnand e CFW).

Emunand 9.4 is the old 9.2 with my complete Mii Plaza and friends + eShop games + Online games.
Do you have any game that uses the new 7.x save encryption?

TmenaceDev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i have Super Smash Bros and Pokemon X, for instance. Both from eShop.
This games uses this encryption?
The saves are working on Emunand 9.4

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hi , i have 3DS XL with 9.2
and my pokemon bank us almost over , i want to renew another year
however , i don't won't to install gateway , i have alot of games and street pass
is there a way to install CFW 9.4 for brief time using cubic ninja ? or any other method ?
What's wrong with Gateway? With it, your games/saves will continue to work as expected, unless you downgrade.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i back up the SD card to my PC , then format the emunand
then copy the files back to the SD , is it gonna be ok ?

yes, just backup your sd to pc -> format emunand -> move stuff back. works great i still have all my eshop games on 9.4 emunand

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and when i turn my system off , it will stay on sysnand 9.2 ?
yes, if you use the web exploit with a red card from gateway, install emunand like i said above, you can boot into emunand using the web exploit the shut off and be on the sysnand when you boot. here is a video :

please watch the whole video!
MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR SDCARD IT WILL BE WIPED DURING EMUNAN SETUP.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this may or not be relevant, but it's mentioned in this thread so I'm gonna ask it: What's the difference between an EmuNAND 9.4 that's based on a SysNAND 4.x? I formatted my EmuNAND, which created an EmuNAND 4.x. I then updated the EmuNAND to 9.4. Doesn't updating the EmuNAND also update the save encryption stuff? Or does it still use the save encryption stuff from 4.x? Could that be why my retail SSB4 save says it's corrupted? ELI5 please and thank you!

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know this may or not be relevant, but it's mentioned in this thread so I'm gonna ask it: What's the difference between an EmuNAND 9.4 that's based on a SysNAND 4.x? I formatted my EmuNAND, which created an EmuNAND 4.x. I then updated the EmuNAND to 9.4. Doesn't updating the EmuNAND also update the save encryption stuff? Or does it still use the save encryption stuff from 4.x? Could that be why my retail SSB4 save says it's corrupted? ELI5 please and thank you!
The encryption keys are loaded on boot, so they only depend on the sysnand version, regardless of the emunand.
If you want your saves back, just restore your NAND backup.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The encryption keys are loaded on boot, so they only depend on the sysnand version, regardless of the emunand.
If you want your saves back, just restore your NAND backup.
Do you by any chance know where the encryption keys are stored? Could I decrypt my SysNAND and replace the older encryption keys with newer ones so I could use the DS Profile Exploit to launch EmuNAND and be able to use my newer saves?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you by any chance know where the encryption keys are stored? Could I decrypt my SysNAND and replace the older encryption keys with newer ones so I could use the DS Profile Exploit to launch EmuNAND and be able to use my newer saves?
I don't think that's possible.
You could decrypt the saves and encrypt them with the old keys, but I'm not sure it is possible at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning