paulwallas92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I'm on 5.5.2 and used many times mocha with web hack, I just installed haxchi (without CBHC) and it works like a charm but I have one question that all "how to" didn't tell :
What is the differences between launching the mocha custom firmware from haxchi or launching sysmenu custom firmware (labelled sysmenu in config.txt inside haxchi folders)?
The only thing I know is the sysmenu change the version of wii u in parameters where mocha keep it in 5.5.2.
Do you know more about that?

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm on 5.5.2 and used many times mocha with web hack, I just installed haxchi (without CBHC) and it works like a charm but I have one question that all "how to" didn't tell :
What is the differences between launching the mocha custom firmware from haxchi or launching sysmenu custom firmware (labelled sysmenu in config.txt inside haxchi folders)?
The only thing I know is the sysmenu change the version of wii u in parameters where mocha keep it in 5.5.2.

Well, there is no reason to launch Mocha from Haxchi, since Haxchi is a custom firmware on its own. However, I see some people that have Mocha AND Haxchi on their WiiU, but most of the time its because a very few Homebrew Apps only work with Mocha, so some people like to have both on their WiiU. But its never a good idea to run 2 custom firmwares on top of each other at the same time.

But Haxchi is also an ELF loader, so you can assign a button in the Haxchi Install config file, and have the "B" button launch MochaCFW, but still have Haxchi Default to "sysmenu". When you launch Haxchi when its set to "sysmenu" as default, it will launch Haxchi CFW and bring you back to the System Menu with CFW/SigPatches running and enabled, without pressing any buttons or anything.

If you also have Haxchi setup to launch Mocha's ELF with the "B" button, then when you run Haxchi from the System Menu, you just press (or hold) the "B" when Haxchi is starting up and Haxchi will then launch Mocha without running Haxchi's own CFW. Thats so you don't run 2 CFW's on top of each other.

Mocha is for people that don't want to buy a legit DS game that is Haxchi compatible, and rather use the Web Exploit.

Haxchi is for the people that don't want to deal with the Web Browser Exploit any longer, and rather just launch Haxchi from the System Menu as soon as they boot up their system, and don't mind spending just a few dollars on a cheap DS that will never be able to play.

If you use Haxchi just to boot into Mocha every time you turn on your system, then that really defeats the purpose of Haxchi, since Haxchi is a CFW all on its own.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaxChi is all these things. You can use it for one or all

1. Entry point instead of BrwserHax
2. Sig Patcher (mini CFW)
3. Elf launcher

Reactions: wicksand420

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Haxchi sysmenu returns u to homescreen with sigpatches
Mocha with haxchi I believe u can do
Hi,

I’m not totally sure but I thought with mocha u could use usb hd like sd card. Which used to be a benefit with loadiine not sure of spelling. But the old way to play Wii U games that had no online capability. Plus I think there were a few hacks or mod things that worked on mocha or needed it for

Reactions: paulwallas92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1