Hardware Cfw--installing over 300 titles

Inhuman-Art

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've hacked my system to be, and have a question. I was told that there is a way to install games and have them appear like the old r4i style lists past your 300 app limit. I currently have about 500 titles on the eShop and formatted a 256 to work with the system, too much work but I see why it wouldn't "take". Now I've all my games I've purchased on both cards, the 256 being my primary and the 64gb being my Indies and such. I still have room for another 138 titles on the 256 after it maxed the 128, but I'm wanting to put them all on one SD.

How do I do this? Is this something I'll have to torrent all of those indie titles or is there a way to merge the twos data, and how do you get the "list" to show where it will see the game in question (say shante is on my Indies or gunvolt)

And in this situation, will they still function as they should and allow for updates and such? Hacking the system was the easy part, what to do with cfw is where there seems to be more than just it allows iso and such.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One way you could look at going over this limit is by using a new emulator and can store more of your nes titles in there as per instead of vc's. same for gb, gba, snes. But thats about it at this time

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey
D

Deleted User

Yeah it is impossible. If you install more than 300 titles to your system, it will temporarily hide the most least recent game you downloaded until you delete it. Speaking from experience.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Trumpasaurus, nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it.

Nothing is impossible, but there is highly improbable. Having over 300 titles appear would likely require dangerous and difficult modifications to the 3DS's OS - possibly even rewriting the system menu. If you want, then you try putting your mind to it.

Reactions: wicksand420

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a way, Its not awesome, but it works, Put the required files to boot on a different sd card, then install the other titles to it, all you have to do is switch your sd's and its like a different system, you can even install different themes to each sd, but for n3ds users, its not so easy, Eh?

Reactions: RyanAnayaMc

Inhuman-Art

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, seems a person on anothet board gave me misinformation. I was told there was a way to have these shown as a "list" such as how the r4i used to be. So basically I'm not seeing a lot of use for cfw past the backup function.

Basically I was told that there was a possibility of it showing as a list. Bummer.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, seems a person on anothet board gave me misinformation. I was told there was a way to have these shown as a "list" such as how the r4i used to be. So basically I'm not seeing a lot of use for cfw past the backup function.

Basically I was told that there was a possibility of it showing as a list. Bummer.
you can load games from FBI, so if you install over 300 games, the first games you installed will start disappearing from your home menu, but in fbi you can go to titles and launch them anyway, but if you do this, more often than not, people install fbi first, so the first thing to disappear will be fbi

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

woow, why you want more than 300 titles ?
because

Reactions: Inhuman-Art

Inhuman-Art

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can load games from FBI, so if you install over 300 games, the first games you installed will start disappearing from your home menu, but in fbi you can go to titles and launch them anyway, but if you do this, more often than not, people install fbi first, so the first thing to disappear will be fbi

because
So there is a way to load FBI last? And if so, how? This is exactly what I'm after. All of my games are downloaded to my 128 and transferred to my 64 GB, so the ones on the 64 would be the ones I'd like to "store"

And to answer the " who wants more than 300 games" well...my wife and I. We are pure digital and own almost everything on the system, so it's filled up a few cards. Then id like to order the r4 and get those ds titles going. I suppose I can continue to do as I've been and use two memory cards (using the Hori monhun grip, dental floss around those screws, makes that back cover come on and off easy but still lock on to play without it)
Also, the short answer I agree and appreciate. Because.
So installing FBI, how would you put this in the load order last? I'm just unsure how this all works. All I've done is put cfw on a system (test system, it's a parts system, have yet to hack the Samus edition o want to port over to)

So is it possible to have FBI appear at the end, and additional downloads (as the system tells you that you cannot download additional games) how can I bypass this to where it just drops off, or even is it possible to dump all the files from the 64, and if cfw allows for bypassing this download, will it just read the tickets even tho dbs doesn't have them installed?

Really sorry if these are dumb questions I'm just new to hacking this little brick and it's so much different then it was with the ds/psp. Seems you can DO things with it now. Not just play everything ever. That part I like but I'm not really interested in torrents, as I own everything. Just ds is the only thing I'd honestly have to find and rip, and I've probably still got those backed up on the old r4i, still should have the micro in it. And all the roms.

If not I'll find em, but my priority if getting all of my 500 titles on this 256 and launch them. Just how to continue downloads or the possibility of it merging. Hell even a split partition where I essentially have two SD cards on one would be cool. That would let me see everything normally but choose what partition to boot from. Dunno of this is possible but I could reserve 100gb for Indies and make a dual boot same as I'm doing on the SD swap. I doubt the 3ds is going to fill up another 64gb of space even with a maxed 119gb of it.

Last edited by Inhuman-Art,
Reactions: wicksand420

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is a way to load FBI last? And if so, how? This is exactly what I'm after. All of my games are downloaded to my 128 and transferred to my 64 GB, so the ones on the 64 would be the ones I'd like to "store"

And to answer the " who wants more than 300 games" well...my wife and I. We are pure digital and own almost everything on the system, so it's filled up a few cards. Then id like to order the r4 and get those ds titles going. I suppose I can continue to do as I've been and use two memory cards (using the Hori monhun grip, dental floss around those screws, makes that back cover come on and off easy but still lock on to play without it)
Also, the short answer I agree and appreciate. Because.
So installing FBI, how would you put this in the load order last? I'm just unsure how this all works. All I've done is put cfw on a system (test system, it's a parts system, have yet to hack the Samus edition o want to port over to)

So is it possible to have FBI appear at the end, and additional downloads (as the system tells you that you cannot download additional games) how can I bypass this to where it just drops off, or even is it possible to dump all the files from the 64, and if cfw allows for bypassing this download, will it just read the tickets even tho dbs doesn't have them installed?
you can inject fbi into your health and safety app with godmode9 then no matter what fbi cant be overwritten

Inhuman-Art

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can inject fbi into your health and safety app with godmode9 then no matter what fbi cant be overwritten
Okay, so I'll have to look that up for sure, sounds like the best option less I can split partition this SD card.

How do you get past the system telling you that you can't download more games? Or is this something cfw simply overrides by having it hacked in the first place?

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
woah men, time without login here (yet visiting the web frecuently). but the given answers sucks (no offense). yes, there are ways to see the titles, you could for example launch FBI and go to "titles" to see the ones you have installed, then select one and launch it. but the solution you may look for is to create one (or more) emunands, to launch one or another at will at boot by pressing a button and load one or other "home menu" with diffrent icons without need of change the sd card

edit to add: i think that was like ~1600 titles in total counting the diffrent region repeated games, if you wanna catch'em all you would need like 4emunands+the sysnand

Last edited by VzUh,

Inhuman-Art

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah men, time without login here (yet visiting the web frecuently). but the given answers sucks (no offense). yes, there are ways to see the titles, you could for example launch FBI and go to "titles" to see the ones you have installed, then select one and launch it. but the solution you may look for is to create one (or more) emunands, to launch one or another at will at boot by pressing a button and load one or other "home menu" with diffrent icons without need of change the sd card
So basically split partitions on the card but I don't need to actually format the card for it, just create a new virtual memory card as a partition to boot? This would actually be preferred as I'd like to keep it all on one card and not get overloaded with THAT many games, r4 DS is already going to do that lol.

So question. How do you do this? This seems more simple and more to what I want, but I was just told the above option (loading from a list, apparently from FBI, so cool to see there are options for different users) however creating multiple SD cards on the card, I'd probably run five sectors for different games and genres, and organize it all. Do you have a direction to point me in as to how to do this? I'm curious to see how it partitions the cards useable space, and if I can figure out what games to back up and plug back into the sd on that sector, so my RPGs and saves are safe but on one section, etc. Assuming the system will only see x amount of blocks open per partition.

VzUh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So basically split partitions on the card but I don't need to actually format the card for it, just create a new virtual memory card as a partition to boot? This would actually be preferred as I'd like to keep it all on one card and not get overloaded with THAT many games, r4 DS is already going to do that lol.

So question. How do you do this? This seems more simple and more to what I want, but I was just told the above option (loading from a list, apparently from FBI, so cool to see there are options for different users) however creating multiple SD cards on the card, I'd probably run five sectors for different games and genres, and organize it all. Do you have a direction to point me in as to how to do this? I'm curious to see how it partitions the cards useable space, and if I can figure out what games to back up and plug back into the sd on that sector, so my RPGs and saves are safe but on one section, etc. Assuming the system will only see x amount of blocks open per partition.
huh, the last time i knew of emunand rxtools was a thing. i didn't investigated much after that, but iirc there was a emunand9 payload that would probably simplify the things, but with the bs9 and all being in .firm i don't know how anymore, i would need to look at it. in any case, i want to remmember that the thing was like: copy the sd contents to the pc-format the sd card from the 2/3ds to make one/more emunand/s-copy the sd contents again from the pc to the sd

in a quick look, seems like you can load .bin's on bs9 with this dev release of bootctr9, but i suggest you look to the first page to try to understand some more of the emunand things, you know what a title is so you look prepared to know a bit more :P

in any case, trying to look for how to use gateway on bs9 seems like your best option, cause it needs a emunand to work and probably without it the complete emunand thing would be deprecated

Last edited by VzUh, , Reason: coz my english still a crap, and probably there are more engrish on the post :v

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
huh, the last time i knew of emunand rxtools was a thing. i didn't investigated much after that, but iirc there was a emunand9 payload that would probably simplify the things, but with the bs9 and all being in .firm i don't know how anymore, i would need to look at it. in any case, i want to remmember that the thing was like: copy the sd contents to the pc-format the sd card from the 2/3ds to make one/more emunand/s-copy the sd contents again from the pc to the sd

in a quickly look, seems like you can load .bin's on bs9 with this dev release of bootctr9, but i suggest you look to the first page to try to understand some more of the emunand things, you know what a title is so you look prepared to know a bit more :P

in any case, trying to look for how to use gateway on bs9 seems like your best option, cause it needs a emunand to work and probably without it the complete emunand thing would be deprecated
Gateway is likely not the best for this. It requires 11.2 or lower to work, and if OP sets it up with a 11.6 sysnand if they ever were to boot into sysnand on gateway mode could end up bricking or removing of cfw altogether. I believe there are emunand methods out there that dont touch gateway for what OP is looking for with a single SD card.

VzUh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Gateway is likely not the best for this. It requires 11.2 or lower to work, and if OP sets it up with a 11.6 sysnand if they ever were to boot into sysnand on gateway mode could end up bricking or removing of cfw altogether. I believe there are emunand methods out there that dont touch gateway for what OP is looking for with a single SD card.
probably, but i can't remember any right now. but what i tried to say was to investigate the way to create an emunand in the gateway guides, then making an emunand skipping the gateway steps and i assume that he would update the emunand in any case (more counting with the unofficial support for 11.6). idk, it's been so many time i guess :P

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've hacked my system to be, and have a question. I was told that there is a way to install games and have them appear like the old r4i style lists past your 300 app limit. I currently have about 500 titles on the eShop and formatted a 256 to work with the system, too much work but I see why it wouldn't "take". Now I've all my games I've purchased on both cards, the 256 being my primary and the 64gb being my Indies and such. I still have room for another 138 titles on the 256 after it maxed the 128, but I'm wanting to put them all on one SD.

How do I do this? Is this something I'll have to torrent all of those indie titles or is there a way to merge the twos data, and how do you get the "list" to show where it will see the game in question (say shante is on my Indies or gunvolt)

And in this situation, will they still function as they should and allow for updates and such? Hacking the system was the easy part, what to do with cfw is where there seems to be more than just it allows iso and such.
No. It's more of a resource limit than a software limit. Sure, you could write software that dynamically loads the home menu instead of loading it all into RAM at once, but nobody has mentioned they are or ever intend on doing so, so the answer is no.

If you can have more than 300 games installed (I've never actually tried as I don't mess with games with high DLC counts like Fire Emblem, nor do I VC inject every known game in the universe), you won't see them on the home menu. If so, then use something like Big Red Menu to launch them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1