CFW coldboot + Homebrew Launcher with app returning

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by storm75x, Nov 26, 2015.

1. storm75x
    OP

storm75x Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!

Jan 3, 2015
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
    I will skip most of the details because I assume you have already installed HBLauncher and read CFW coldboot guide by ChrisN8 , if you haven't then you can read it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools...rom-browserhax-homemenuhax-to-rxtools.398420/

By doing this method you can get a CFW autoboot and an access to Homebrew Launcher via CIA. There is a plus side to this too, normally quitting a homebrew app would bounce you back to CFW but we'll change that.

First of all, install HBLauncher Loader. It allows you to access HBLauncher via CIA from a CFW.
    Find menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin, Hex Edit using a program such as HxD and search for the following string: boot.3dsx
    Change boot.3dsx to something like b3ds.3dsx, make sure you do not remove or add another character to the string or else the payload will mess up. There should be 2 results, change them both.
    Now rename either your CFW boot.3dsx or CtrBootManager boot.3dsx to b3ds.3dsx, depending on which one you are using.
    Rename the HBLauncher boot.3dsx (presumably bootHBL.3DSX from the mentioned guide) back to boot.3dsx.

This method is quick, easy, and efficient. You get the best of all worlds. Not to mention quick access to HANS.

Last edited by storm75x, Nov 26, 2015
  2. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    no needs to do this if you are using ctrbootmanager.:lol:

edit: OP method fixed the L+R+down+B back to bootmanager problem!

Last edited by Ericjwg, Nov 26, 2015
  3. storm75x
    OP

Jan 3, 2015
    But it backs you into ctrbootmanager when exiting a homebrew app, especially when launched through HBLauncher CIA. It's very annoying, it also glitches out sometime.
    If you are using an autoboot version then it's even worse. I myself use this so this is a great way to have a separately normal HBLauncher in rxtools and GW with an rxtools ctrbootmanager auto launch.

4. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    yeh.... that's true:shy:

good job!

5. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    I use a tweeked version of themehax myself... But you can set the normal one up to run the payload while pressing any button. Works great for me.

6. Mike Medtux

Mike Medtux Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2015
    Mexico
    work with my 2ds version 7.2 ?

7. storm75x
    OP

Jan 3, 2015
    It works on all systems running hax2.5 and menuhax.

8. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    This is really interesting, but I'm half asleep while writing this. If it works on all systems with hax2.5 and menuhax, does that mean you can run cfw on 3ds consoles above fw 9.2? Side question, what's menuhax? Is it a variant of themehax?

9. storm75x
    OP

Jan 3, 2015
    Same thing. I should have said "variant of coldboots". And no it does not mean you CAN run CFW over 9.2, it means this will work FOR CFW running over over 9.2 if it meets all the requirements one day.