Akwiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whats up dudes,

So This morning I installed a new nsp and thats it. Nothing else changed but tinfoil did crash my device at once point and hekate would not boot my CFW afterwards. It would get stuck at PKG1 found.... and was stuck there forever. The weird thing was after about 10 tries it just worked at booted. I hadn't changed anything.

Anyways, tonight again rebooted (which i haven't done in a month or so before these events) and again stuck. Tried Hekate 4.9.1 (was 4.9 before) and no change. Anyways, loaded another SD with a fresh version of Atmosphere and it boots no problem.

So.. either this new install fucked something up or my SD had been fucked for a bit and I just hadn't rebooted to realize. So my question is.. How can I refresh Atmosphere on my SD without having to reinstall all my NSPs. Any advice? I can just copy and replace all but I dont want to screw anything up. Advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Akwiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update... I let it sit at PKG1 found for 15-20 minutes and it eventually booted. If anyone has any input why. If not maybe this post can help others with the same problem.

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
Get your self new kosmos-atmosphere files. Delete everything on your sd card exept folder Nintendo.
Leave old Nintendo folder and boot cfw with new files.

Akwiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get your self new kosmos-atmosphere files. Delete everything on your sd card exept folder Nintendo.
Leave old Nintendo folder and boot cfw with new files.

Thank you! I will try that. So just leave Nintendo? Thanks

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other usere have reported issues after crashing mid nsp install. Files in your Sept folder may have changed or SD card in general might have got corrupted. Try replacing your atmosphere folder first, if that doesn't work reformat card and put cfw back on it.

Last edited by Philliyxx,

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also have/had this issue, can't even understand what just happened. I recieved my RCMLoader dongle today which I will use to inject hekate 4.9.1 payload. Right after that injection it look like it x
crashes the switch stuck on Kosmos bootlogo. After a while it went through let's say 2 minutes. I checked my SD card and the only issue I found was that hekate changed the existing payload.bin in sept folder to payload.bak en created an empty payload (0KB). This will result in a crash I think or not don't understand the technique.

I always used a R4s Dongle before without any major issue except sometimes blackscreen in hekate. I wanted the RCMLoader dongke because of possible multi payload and ofcource the sweet looks. I think it was a coincidence that at the exact moment of using the RCMLoader this issue occurs.

The R4s Dongle uses a payload (hekate 4.9.1.) on the root of the Micro SD card.
The RCM Loader dongle injects the payload (hekate 4.9.1.)

Those are the differences I know and maybe that could have something to do with it.

Edit: I had no mid crash on installing NSP only error when installing update of smash bros which was already on the switch. I used goldleaf to install. But this happened to me more then once without an issue. I even did not need to restart my switch because of this, just deinstalled the old update and right after installed the new one.

Using FAT32 as filesystem.

Last edited by DuveltjeDG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: