CES 2012 - Nintendo showcases Wii U,

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Valwin, Jan 11, 2012.

Jan 11, 2012
  1. Valwin
    OP

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States

Source
    also did i hear right and he said the controller it self can connect to the internet ?

2. iggloovortex

Member iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i expect this to eventually be severely over shadowed by the next ps3 and xbox when they are announced. Dreamcast to PS2 Style

3. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I like the tablet controller and the two screens but they really should have told the guy what to say.

The WiiU will use a proprietary format? Interesting. I wonder what it will be based on. And the capacity.

4. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    I doubt it. The tablet-controller idea is nearly as big a changeup as motion-sensing remotes were.

I believe someone mentioned way back last year, or maybe just speculated, that it'd be Blu-Ray based without actually having full Blu-Ray capabilities. I'd say 50GB, maybe even 100GB per disc if that were actually the case. I don't see DVD-based formats working another generation, anyways.

I'm just hoping they change their plans regarding media capabilities. The PS4 and Nextbox will be almost as entirely focused on media playback as they are on gaming. Meanwhile, as it stands we can't so much as play CDs or DVDs on the Wii U, much less Blu-Rays. I hope streaming media between computers, the console, and the controller is easy enough as well. I don't plan on buying a separate media box for my TV, so if the Wii U doesn't work as a media center I'll probably pass.

5. Mindzpeed

Member Mindzpeed GBAtemp Regular

Peru
    Its good to know that Nintendo is giving more information about the Wii U. Btw, did they also mention about some Wii U titles?

Edit: Excluding Mario