Homebrew Official centipede arcade emulator port for 532

  • Thread starter Thread starter seagal112
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 9,721
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Likes Likes 16
My great coding skills I guess.
Are you calling coreinit references constantly? If so, you should be able to get some speed ups by doing what vgmoose did, which he wrote about on the "Speedup Tricks" part of this git.
https://github.com/vgmoose/space
"Drawing was a pain here, but I found I was able to greatly increase my drawing speed by moving all of the coreinit.rpl function pointers into a struct and passing that around to the drawing library. This is possible because the pointers do not change, so looking them up every time a pixel is drawn is, as far as I can tell, just extra time that could be spent drawing!"
 
Last edited by Kakkoii,
Hi! Yes, in the first vídeo I was calling it every time, I also noticed that and was able to fix it calling just once at start, and got 3x speed increase at least. But wasnt enought and wasnt able to get vpad working.

Using loadiine code as a base I've got more than 10x speed and i think i'll have no problem with controls. :)
 
sorry, I dont have a 5.5.x wiiu to test what I code.

¿have you tried it on a 5.5.x? Maybe it works :)
 
thank you seagal112 for this old game , i like so much arcade games

i have a question : can i change the .elf name (loadiine.elf to centiipede.elf for exemple), because i have already a loadiine.elf hosted.

wiiu 5.3.2 with xammp host files and openDNS for no-update.
 
Hi, I've no modified/compiled loadiine launcher, so it will call to loadiine.elf

But why not host it on a different folder ?
 
Graphics are slow because of OSScreen function overhead. Can eliminate some overhead by passing pointers to pixel drawing functions in a struct instead of inside every call like what Space Game does. Pong is also fast because I decreased the pixel resolution (with four pixels to create one super pixel block) as well as optimized some of the graphics drawing by only overwriting the pixels necessary.

I recommend moving entirely to GX2 library though.
 
Hi, I've no modified/compiled loadiine launcher, so it will call to loadiine.elf

But why not host it on a different folder ?
afaik in xampp there is one folder for hosting (htdoc , i guess) so we can rename the .html files (like payloads) but it dosen't work with the .elf files
 

Site & Scene News