Cemu version 1.8.2 released

cemu.png

Popular Wii U emulator, CEMU, has just gotten a new update, in the form of version 1.8.2, available now for CEMU patron backers. You can view the full changelog, but the latest update summary consists of performance updates, StarFox Zero and Nintendoland now work again, a feature that makes audio debugging more simple, softdec video support, ability to resize the CEMU window, fixing the night cycle bug in Xenoblade Chronicles X, and more. Version 1.8.2 should be available for public download shortly after, as always.

Code:
# Cemu detailed changelog for 1.8.2
# Patreon release date: 2017-07-18
# Public release date:  2017-07-25

general: Any .rpl files placed in cafeLibs/ directory will be loaded instead of the internal HLE modules (experimental feature, no real use yet)
general: Cemu window can now be resized

CPU/JIT: Fixed a bug in recompiler SRWI instruction
CPU/JIT: Fixed a bug that could cause the recompiled code to skip an instruction if the thread was switched between the beginning of a loop and an inlined function
CPU/JIT: Added STBUX instruction to recompiler
CPU/JIT: Several other optimizations for the recompiler:   
            Use AVX non-destructive 3-operand instructions to optimize some copy operations away
            Delay/Avoid endian-swapping between LWZ/STW if the data is not used for any other operation
            Generate shorter code for BCTRL, BL, BLR and other far branches (2 instructions, only 1 for far branches with no LR update)
            Replace branches with conditional moves (CMOVcc) if possible
            Avoid redundant FPR loads and stores
            Better detection for situations where x64 flags can be used instead of testing CR bits
            Avoid extra work of thread scheduling checks in tight non-infinite loops

coreinit: New API OSTryAcquireSpinLockWithTimeout(), OSSwitchFiberEx(), MCP_Open(), MCP_Close()
coreinit: More accurate emulation of foreground bucket memory and it's subregions
coreinit: FSOpenDir() no longer ignores the current working directory
coreinit: Fixed integer overflow in OSTicksToCalendarTime()

AX: Added AX voice debugger
AX: Fixed biquad filter
AX: New API AXSetVoiceSamplesAddr(), AXSetVoiceLoopOffset()

GX2: Improved detection of changed data for typical screen-size textures in texture cache (fixes softdec videos)
GX2: Fixed invalid GLSL code being generated for 3D texture access with offset
GX2: Fixed bug in indices generation for PRIMITIVE_RECTS
GX2: Fixed a bug where adding entries to a shader cache .bin archive would sometimes have no effect (causing Cemu to recompile the affected shaders everytime)
GX2: Various smaller optimizations throughout the graphic backend (performance gain 1-3%)
GX2: Added support for tileMode filter in graphic packs texture rules (Useful to exclude video frames or other CPU-accessed textures)
GX2: Aspect ratio calculation now uses effective size of texture (after graphic pack rescaling) rather than original size

:arrow: Discussion Thread

:arrow: Official Site

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOTW is completely unplayable on my GPU. Artifacts, tearing, and freezes. I've tried different drivers and everything. Nothing helps. I can handle slow, but not being blind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool. I'm gonna setup CEMU if I can ever buy a regular priced GTX 1060 6GB.
You don't even need a 1060 to use CEMU. I was using it on a gtx 960 4GB for the longest time with no problems

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BOTW is completely unplayable on my GPU. Artifacts, tearing, and freezes. I've tried different drivers and everything. Nothing helps. I can handle slow, but not being blind.

What graphics card are you using?

spiderman1216

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pirate?! I'd never do such a thing! closes 17 tabs of The Galaxy's Most resilient BitTorrent site
Only 17? hmph! casual trash

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but portable, beatiful, mk8 and botw, sure, if ya wana just push graphics and don't mind being locked to the house then cemu for you, but portability makes the switch version worth it even if you can up the res of the image in cemu, though do you have a 4k monitor, cause mk8 on switch does 1080 p, and unless someone went in and remade the textures in a higher resolution the most you can do is bump up render resolution
Well not necessarily if you are willing to pay for it a laptop with a GTX 1060 in it should do the trick, especially the LGA 1151 laptop with a i5-7600k in them.

Reactions: Shawn ShyGuy

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Star Fox Zero is playable at around 50FPS in my GPU, so it's a nice improvement.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions is still bunch of graphic crap, so we'll have to wait a bit more.
Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Yoshi's Wolly World are now in "perfect" emulation state(tested with different save files. no crashes or freezes encountered yet.)
BOTW is going strong while running at playable state, no crashes, some FPS drops and minor water glitches, and a few missing textures.
Xenoblade Chronicles X still got graphical problems and FPS drops in my GPU, but it's playable.
The paper animations in Paper Mario Color Splash seems to have fixed, but there are a few graphical problems which weren't fixed(like some characters are just black paper.)
Hyrule Warriors seems to be finally playable, but crash after the first boss fight, and got lots of FPS drops when commencing link's special move or going through rendered cutscenes. the graphics are also a big mess.
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker seems to work fine, but there are a few audio issues when you go through first-person mode.
Mighty Switch Force 1&2 are finally in "perfect" emulation state. didn't encounter any problems unlike in version 1.8.1 where there are FPS drops sometimes.
Puyo Puyo Tetris works around 45-50FPS, although I recommend buying the Switch version since it's officially in English.
The audio issue in Splatoon seems to have been fixed.
Mario Kart 8 looks beautiful even without the texture pack, and runs mostly on 60FPS. however, the audio and graphical issues didn't seem to have been fixed yet and there are still some texts missing.
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is playable with cemuhook, and with tiny FPS drops sometimes.
Pirate Pop Plus seems to be playable, and looks nice too.
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition is still a huge mess, with no improvements since version 1.8.0
Pokken Tournament is still not playable, same state since version 1.8.1.
Super Meet Boy is still far from a "perfect" state, but it's playable from start to finish. just a few FPS drops around bosses and dark world levels.

Testing with a NVIDIA GTX 970, Intel i7-6700, Windows 10, no overclock and no NVIDIA adjustments.

(This comment will be updated whenever I test more games in that version.)

Last edited by RedoLane,

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell, Mario Kart is playable on my GPU. And looks great. BOTW just sucks on mine.

DrayanoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My I7 6700k cpu +1070 8gb=750bucks vs used wiiu 150

10/10 would buy last gen cpu+gpu to emulate an obsolete consol again
Yeah but this pc wouldn't emulate ONLY your "obsolete console", but a bunch of others AND play last gen pc games.
That's a way better investment.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah but this pc wouldn't emulate ONLY your "obsolete console", but a bunch of others AND play last gen pc games.
That's a way better investment.
man, i own every last gen consoles include wiiu+ gaming pc, a proper game shall be played on his specific console which was specifically designed for that specific game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
man, i own every last gen consoles include wiiu+ gaming pc, a proper game shall be played on his specific console which was specifically designed for that specific game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you speak up? I can barely hear you preaching over your exclamation points.

But on topic; A console is rarely designed for a specific game.
Also, consoles break down and the production may stop. Leaving you without your "specifically designed console" and a bunch of games you can't play.
I understand games might feel and even play better using original hardware but it can't hurt to have a backup option.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nha, devs who designed this emulator maybe have archived a big challenge, but 90% of people who use it are just for pirating purpose.

the feeling about playing games on their specific console is way different than playing on an emulate system, just to make u few examples: nowdays every smart phones are powerful enough to emulate DS/psp games, but they wont give u same experience when u play them on ds/psp.

also do consoles break? well stop give them to ur 5 yo siblings and they will be fine...

Jarmenti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Botw runs great on my laptop w/ i5 7300 and 1050TI. once you set up speedhacks and use rivatuner to limit it to 30fps (solves shrines running super quick)... a solid experience, pretty much runs as smooth as on the wii u, w/ higher resolution!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work