Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Works fine for me. Used the same 3 values like last time, 2 times +0x10 and 1 time +0x40 bytes.
Tested ActRaiser, Lucky Luke, Star Ocean, some Hacks and Translations, all work fine for me.

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have released? Already it works?

No. Please wait until the official full unlock update is tested and released. He's just testing his own incorrect interpretation of my full unlock hack, and any results he gets don't pass my standards of vetting and verification.

In the future I will no longer be posting such details as to not encourage such self hacking/reporting/confusion anymore.

Reactions: rafsilva1983

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well heck. My normal hardware tester isn't being very responsive right now. So I'm going to have to do this a little differently than I'd like...

Here's the files for the various forms of the Full Unlock for SNES/SFC.

[Removed]

I've tested the SNES version myself on Yuzu, and it worked with every custom game I tried.

For now, just please report any results with the full unlock on hardware here.

CaVE will take a few days or more before I can update it. For now, you can try installing and select this database update with the current release. This is just for SNES though. Not SFC, NES, of FC. SFC has some corruption issue with extracting the the database/string data with v1.1 and v1.2 and my tools, so I'm going to have to wait for RadMcFist to see if he can help me with that.

EDIT:

Since I'm not getting much of a response, I just posted the untested versions of the full unlock and a updated CaVE to the home page so I can move on.

If there are any issues, I'll get to them when I can. Not going to rush this stuff anymore.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How to hide the background image:
Edit the sysmain.scn file and find Background (Initial must be capitalized) where "visible” = true change to false.
F1E285DD-F3A2-4DD1-916A-47D9CF6A3684.png

Last edited by AlanLC,

Djangit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having real difficulty getting fds tool to work. It pops up on screen quickly and then disappears meaning I can't change the format of my fds roms..

Similarly creating covers for this tool for the NES games is taking forever. Does anyone else have a cover set that's already formatted to work with Cave?

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I noticed that near to all PAL games work absolutly fine unpatched, checked around 80 roms.
It tried them all NTSC patched aswell and here I noticed that some work worse, suddenly with flickering, which run perfect without NTSC patch.
I found only the game Lucky Luke that needs a special patch to run fine without flickering.

D

Deleted User

I noticed that near to all PAL games work absolutly fine unpatched, checked around 80 roms.
It tried them all NTSC patched aswell and here I noticed that some work worse, suddenly with flickering, which run perfect without NTSC patch.
I found only the game Lucky Luke that needs a special patch to run fine without flickering.

[deleted]

Last edited by ,

SXSNES

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hi guys, I used cave database and I pasted it with full unlocker
and all i got is the game stuck in the red loading in snes online app
Anyone getting the same problem? can i have some help with it? If the problem is my sx os not detecting the ips, theres any way to put the cheat permanently? When my app closes, cheats are reseted and i cant find a way to activate it forever.

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi guys, I used cave database and I pasted it with full unlocker
and all i got is the game stuck in the red loading in snes online app
Anyone getting the same problem? can i have some help with it? If the problem is my sx os not detecting the ips, theres any way to put the cheat permanently? When my app closes, cheats are reseted and i cant find a way to activate it forever.
1.) missing files => hanging at the red screen
2.) ips file has to be here: SD:/sxos/exefs_patches/SNES Online - Full Unlock/*.ips

SXSNES

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1.) missing files => hanging at the red screen
2.) ips file has to be here: SD:/sxos/exefs_patches/SNES Online - Full Unlock/*.ips
Yes phoenix, my files are placed there... and is not working... you tryied it in SX OS? (But im creating myself the "exefs_patches" folder there was no folder inside sx os, or that means i need a program to activate it?)

Last edited by SXSNES,

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes phoenix, my files are placed there... and is not working... you tryied it in SX OS? (But im creating myself the "exefs_patches" folder there was no folder inside sx os, or that means i need a program to activate it?)
You have to create the folder <exefs_patches>.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried adding a few to the NES Online with this (some games i just wanteda nicer UI to launch from instead of just settling with RetroArch ) it's just hanging at the NES Online screen.

i see people mention for the SNES Online it needs patches but i see none mentioned for NES Online. i wonder if its the box art/title screen i used. used NvnTexPkg to convert TGA to XTX and gzipped each part.

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried adding a few to the NES Online with this (some games i just wanteda nicer UI to launch from instead of just settling with RetroArch ) it's just hanging at the NES Online screen.

i see people mention for the SNES Online it needs patches but i see none mentioned for NES Online. i wonder if its the box art/title screen i used. used NvnTexPkg to convert TGA to XTX and gzipped each part.
Hello :)
missing files (or wrong naming, so the system can't find it) => hanging at the red screen
Could be everything, a missing rom, cover or a wrong named folder etc.
Yes, for NES Online is still no patch needed and the normal nes roms can be used without a need to convert them somehow.
Try this for xtx.z: Link

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone