Hacking Question Castle Crashers Remastered not saving CFW

Optik_Fusion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently installed my Castle Crashers game backup (I got it from the original game card) and it works and all but saving does not work. It says saving on the bottom of the screen on the map and when I exit and play again, all of the character saves are gone. Is this some issues with CFW? Thanks!

D

Deleted User

Hey. I'm glad to see this was already mentioned. People have been reporting the same issue including with SXOS on 2.9.X. 2.8 works fine. CFW indeed does not save progress. OFW saves the progress. Both Atmosphere and SXOS have issues with Castle Crashers

D

Deleted User

This is strange for me it saves on sx os but on atmosphere my save file is no there.
Atmosphere has a bug. SXOS 2.8 works fine until you update to 2.9. SXOS has copied all Atmosphere content and named it SXOS on 2.9.

D

Deleted User

What kind of bug is it that affects save files of Castle Crashers, could you please explain more?..
The bug is when you make progress in the game, quit the application and play it again, your progress is deleted

Edit: this is affected by using Atmosphere and SXOS 2.9.X.

Last edited by ,

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Can you guys try this?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/castle-crasher-remastered-player-1-save-issue.548517/

@loneZ found a workaround for saving/loading the player 1 slot
"Okay I found a temporary solution that only requires one controller.
Every time you load a profile, go to Back off Barbarian with any character. After loading into the game just exit out of it. You profile should be loaded now."
https://streamable.com/ptiur
We shouldn't have to find a solution to fix the game because everything runs well on OFW but when you run CFW, the game is basically broken. Atmosphere dev team gotta fix it and SXOS needs to stop using Atmosphere source

Bahamut2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How is it possible that Atmosphere can have "specific game issues" ?
For me, Megaman Legacy Update breaks the game.
I guess i will have to try Reinx to know if its an Atmos problem.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it possible that Atmosphere can have "specific game issues" ?
For me, Megaman Legacy Update breaks the game.
I guess i will have to try Reinx to know if its an Atmos problem.
There was a time when Atmosphere did not support overclocking to a certain point but ReiNX had full support with overclocking. Atmosphere-specific issues are rare but exist.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FYI this is not a Switch only cfw problem. If you search google you will find threads from steam & reddit which talk about this issue affecting other consoles. So no point blaming cfw.

Reactions: mathew77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s