Cascade of cancelled 3DS games

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems like nintendo really blew the launch, they catered to the 3rd parties by having crappy 1st party launch titles, which resulted in terrible sales, and in the end resulted in 3rd parties canceling games and still hurting. Would it really have hurt to launch with a Mario kart?

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ethanx94 said:
Goddamnit if my 3DS ends up becoming a Virtual Boy Portable I'll be so pissed.
You're not the only one
frown.gif
frown.gif

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Crush3D was only pushed back to early 2012, it has an official release date of February 21, 2012 now and i think shinobi got pushed back also. Anyway half the list is hudson titles that have been cancelled due to konami taking over hudson. I wouldn't really call it a cascade of cancelled 3ds games but it is alot of titles getting canceled on the 3ds, i assume it takes a lot of work to produce a 3D game.
This is also false. Crush3d is scheduled for release on November 15 2011.
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sega-confirm...i-for-3ds/3501/

ganesh2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont think that the 3DS is such a difficult hardware to program games on... I just think that sales in japan are under their expectations because of the hard times they live, after the earthquake.

I cross my fingers for not having bought a console which is going to end up as the dreamcast :-(

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F. Lobot said:
cris92x said:
Crush3D was only pushed back to early 2012, it has an official release date of February 21, 2012 now and i think shinobi got pushed back also. Anyway half the list is hudson titles that have been cancelled due to konami taking over hudson. I wouldn't really call it a cascade of cancelled 3ds games but it is alot of titles getting canceled on the 3ds, i assume it takes a lot of work to produce a 3D game.
This is also false. Crush3d is scheduled for release on November 15 2011.
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sega-confirm...i-for-3ds/3501/
I think they got scare of their game not selling, so they trying to hit near Christmas. Right?

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that Game Developer (THQ example) think that the 3DS isn't populair enough, most people still think that this is just like the DSi, it's a DS but with some more features. Maybe the programming for 3D is maybe harder then they thought?
unsure.gif

BTW: I was waiting for SR: Drive By, too bad it is canceled
angry.gif

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
ganesh2 said:
I dont think that the 3DS is such a difficult hardware to program games on... I just think that sales in japan are under their expectations because of the hard times they live, after the earthquake.

I cross my fingers for not having bought a console which is going to end up as the dreamcast :-(
if there was a flash cart there would be way more console sales
which would make the 3ds look better to program for

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Technik said:
Seems like nintendo really blew the launch, they catered to the 3rd parties by having crappy 1st party launch titles, which resulted in terrible sales, and in the end resulted in 3rd parties canceling games and still hurting. Would it really have hurt to launch with a Mario kart?

Personally they should have released the 3DS later, most of the games weren't completed until now, I wouldn't want them to release rushed first party games, so having them later is good at least there'd be good work put into it.

I wouldn't write the 3DS off, it's only been 4 months and with the first party arriving things will soon kick off.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
deathking said:
Foxi4 said:
deathking said:
I blame piracy.

...which is non-existant on the 3DS. Congratulations, you just earned yourself a medal.
i was being sarcastic and taking a shot at all those people here that think piracy is to blame for every bad thing with video games

Note taken, I agree with your stance then. Piracy is bad. Terrible development cycles and releasing a console before its firmware contains all the functions it was supposed to, leading to updates every month which occasionally cause games released before said updates to glitch into oblivion (Ridge Racer) is also very naughty, but not as bad as piracy.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS is in pretty poor shape right now. A poorly handled launch, a slow trickle of games, developers making stupid decisions (like the Mercenaries save file issue), games being cancelled, the E-Store being a big let-down, it's not looking good. It's a shame. It's a great system with a lot of potential. I hope things pick up soon 'cause right now I'm only looking forward to StarFox, and even then it's a port of a game I already own so it's not top priority.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How is it that great in your opinion? It's barely a step up from the PSP in terms of hardware, its saving grace is the 3D display. Need I remind you how old the PSP is?

glysegui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have DoA and OoT 3D and I'm happy with those. Only game I really see myself buying in the future is Resident Evil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, she means grow more +1