Cascade of cancelled 3DS games

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well considering Hudson went bankrupt those cancellations don't really count.

DJ hero isn't surprising considering Activision's exit from the 'music beat' genre in general

Megaman legends was kinda doomed from the start so again unsurprising.

The only ones that really are 'interesting' are the Assassin's Creed and Saints Row games. With Ubisoft not doing so poorly finanically you'd think they'd want to milk the last assassin's creed game for all it's worth (note yes they beat estimates recently, but it was a case of not sucking as bad as investors thought they would, rather than a real winning year).

Not sure about Saints Row, since it always seems to be overshadowed by the GTA series.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
ITT: People who think they don't care about graphics.

Graphics are nice, but they don't get in the way of playing older games. If games still looked like they did last gen, I wouldn't complain. If they still looked like they did on the SNES, I still wouldn't complain.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MML3 and possibly bomberman were a loss.
The rest was crap anyways, and the 3DS was done a service to not have to see them released.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wonder why everyone is pulling out tho?
unsure.gif

it's not like the bitch has been hacked or anything

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
MML3 and possibly bomberman were a loss.
The rest was crap anyways, and the 3DS was done a service to not have to see them released.
The original Bonk games were great and we hadn't really had a chance to see how a modern addition to the series would look. That was the one I was most interested in seeing how it turned out.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
wonder why everyone is pulling out tho?
unsure.gif

it's not like the bitch has been hacked or anything

Companies have gone from crying"It's not fair, Nintendo launches consoles with new Mario/Zelda/Metroid titles and everyone buys them and ignores us, that's it, we're not making games for it" to "Nintendo have launched a console without any new additions to their franchises on it and so people aren't buying it as quick. That's it, we're not making games for it."

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
regnad said:
If Nintendo could woo Rare back they'd be set.

Banjo, Conker, Goldeneye -- this was the heyday of video games.

Ain't gonna happen, though. They did something to piss them off apparently, and they jumped ship to Xbox obscurity, ultimately a bad decision for both Rare and Nintendo.

People still think Rare have talent?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
prowler_ said:
DxEggman said:
ITT: Graphix whores.
Nintendo knows it can get massive sales without having the best visuals on the market.
Ah ha ha ha ha. Kidding yourself into think everyone else is kidding themselves.
I've been playing Final fantasy VI on my SNES for the past two weeks.

I can't wait for Skyward Sword and it's beautiful, utterly unrealistic art style.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edit: Derp, I accidentally...A quote.

Yeah, MML3 was a game I would have actually bought a 3DS for, but seeing as it's been canned, I have little reason to unless they release something along the lines of a remake of Tales of Symphonia for it.

Likewise I'd rather get a PSP than a 3DS at this point, install some CFW on it, crap like that.

I still love my DSLite though.

But yeah seriously...at the cancellation of some of these.

I am disappoint

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Erm, why did you quote me? I was simply talking to prowler about his misconception that everyone thinks like him, and when they tell him otherwise they're in denial.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Midna said:
Erm, why did you quote me? I was simply talking to prowler about his misconception that everyone thinks like him, and when they tell him otherwise they're in denial.

You know, I have no idea....I just realized it a second ago as well

I must have clicked it, not paying attention and whatnot.

Sorry.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Midna said:
Ah ha ha ha ha. Kidding yourself into think everyone else is kidding themselves.
I've been playing Final fantasy VI on my SNES for the past two weeks.QUOTE(Midna @ Jul 21 2011, 06:45 PM) Erm, why did you quote me? I was simply talking to prowler about his misconception that everyone thinks like him, and when they tell him otherwise they're in denial.
Right now, gamers only look for stuff that looks the best.
If a new CoD game comes out and it's not that much better than Black Ops but with better graphics, people will move on to that one.

I don't think graphics should be the selling point for games, I'm quite happy with lower end graphics but it's obvious right now that devs are going to go with the handheld/console that looks the best. Why? Money.

But we all can't live with crappy hardware forever, it pretty much limits better gameplay. That's what you gamers really care for right?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Midna said:
prowler_ said:
DxEggman said:
ITT: Graphix whores.
Nintendo knows it can get massive sales without having the best visuals on the market.
I've been playing Final fantasy VI on my SNES for the past two weeks.

I can't wait for Skyward Sword and it's beautiful, utterly unrealistic art style.
You say that like FFVI looked bad. ):

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see a difference between playing a retro console to achieve a state of nostalgiasm and playing a contemporary console that just happens to be underwhelming as far as hardware goes.

I love retro and when I play my oldies like Fallout 1 and 2, I praise them disregarding the graphics. When I see a *contemporary* game that could pass as "remarkable"... just 10 years ago, I sound the alarm.

Times change, so should games. Graphics should get better not worse, storylines should be deeper, not shallower, gameplay mechanics simplier yet more advanced. It's the spirit of progress, not Graphics Whorism.

Call that however you want, but the 3DS's hardware is *mediocre* at best. I was expecting one of the Mobile Radeons, but pretty soon in the dev cycle I've learned about that no-name PICA. Now, to cover up the factual CPU model, they ordered it in a custom casing, but I bet it's that 256Mhz x2 ARM. The battery? Don't even get me started on that, I've seen more power-monging devices with a better battery life time. All in all... "Nice, try again with the Lite though". The internals won't change much, but maybe they'll fix the damned battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof