OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
couldnt see this info anywhere

1.jpg

The Cartoon Network made history in the early 90s by being the first channel to feature cartoons 24 hours a day, seven days a week. While at first pre-existing, popular cartoons were on the schedule, eventually the channel focused on original programming and created many popular animated characters.

It is these characters that are the focus of Papaya Studio's latest game, Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion, a Nintendo 3DS fighter based on Cartoon Network's most popular series, with old and new, wacky, and even surreal characters included. Nintendo World Report recently spoke with Richard Robledo, Senior Producer at Papaya Studio and here he discusses how working on Cartoon Network games helped them create this multi-franchise brawler, the challenges of bringing so many characters together, and more.
some secret ones not shown
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

EDIT: Ahhh wrong section
needs moving to games

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game looks so good. But some of the Cartoon Network characters piss me off, also I LOL at the last picture of Ben 10.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on the reviews this game gets, I may actually buy this. I grew up with a lot of these characters and this game doesn't look half bad.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
6Toushiro9 said:
This game looks so good.
It's bizarre they are roughly twice the 3DS resolution; some of them have antialiasing on, while the others exhibit pretty bad jaggies.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
OMG samurai jack
its been a long time i saw him lol
now cartoon network is really boring unlike before , also i don't watch cartoons now
tongue.gif

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
6Toushiro9 said:
This game looks so good.
It's bizarre they are roughly twice the 3DS resolution; some of them have antialiasing on, while the others exhibit pretty bad jaggies.
The screenshots come from various sources, a various from when the game was first announced and some that were taken off gamespot's first hands-on which is wierd. Did nintendo world report just slap on their logo onto stolen screenshots? Anyway game looks good and apparently it does play great and gamestop has a cool preorder bonus, you get an official tshirt with the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd only care if it had Jake and Finn from Adventure Time. Maybe Rigby and Mordecai from The Regular Show too.

I never watched much Cartoon Network as a kid but nowadays I watch both Adventure Time and The Regular Show.

Wingnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, for one, have been really excited for this game since it was announced. I hope it will play similarly to a Smash Bros game. As long as the gameplay is there, I will get it. No question. The one thing I cannot forgive: Johnny bravo is not a playable character. WTF, Cartoon Network?!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Wombo Combo said:
Bad game play but good premise and good characters.

From early gameplay and screens, it looks like it will just be an SSB clone. I still look forward to it in a way though. All of those great characters take me back to the greatest cartoon decade to date; the 90's. That game basically encompasses all of my core childhood cartoons save the handful that were on Nickelodeon. Cool stuff.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
the greatest cartoon decade to date; the 90's.

I think the greatest cartoon decade to date was the 80s. Kids who are 12 now will probably think 2000-2010 was the greatest cartoon decade to date for their entire lives. Basicaly, the best decade for kids TV is the one you grew up in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse