DSMuse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Sorry! I need some help again, and thanks for the help before. Just a little question here...

If one had a rom that was of a game that had wireless/multiplayer capabilities, would those features still work? I'm guessing not, because why bother to put them in the rom, right?

I was just wondering if you had a game, like.... Rune Factory or Pokemon or something, if you could still trade, and if you had a game like Mario Kart, if you could race wirelessly against others. Would it depend if it was an NDS, GBC, or GB file?

I was just thinking if it was on the off-chance those friend-codes are randomly generated each time you start a new game, it might work, assuming the data was left in the rom... But I wanted to ask.

Or you know, if it did work, you'd not want to do it because Nintendo would happen to find you out of all the thousands of people playing and then make your NDS come to life and beat you to death...

Thanks. Sorry for such a stupid question, but well, I am curious, so...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every NDS feature is available; online, multiplayer, etc. The only feature that I can think of that will not work with most flash carts is the communication between Pokemon to the Wii. However some flash carts can do it. But don't expect emulators to emulate multiplayer on ds or any other portable console.

Monster On Strin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Every NDS feature is available; online, multiplayer, etc. The only feature that I can think of that will not work with most flash carts is the communication between Pokemon to the Wii. However some flash carts can do it. But don't expect emulators to emulate multiplayer on ds or any other portable console.

Actually I heard the emu Ideas had a plugin that allowed you but thats kinda off topic

CorruptedAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, roms are exactly like the real game, they do wireless multiplayer, they do wi fi, nintendo deosnt even notice. Yes, you get a friend code from nintendo when you go online, yes it works. Dont worry about it. Dont know what you mean with the file formats part, but ds games but be .nds in a slot 1 card, .dsq in a slot 2 supercard (i think) gba games for slot 2 are .gba, bur i dont think they can do wired multiplayer.... .gb files run on emulators ( applications pretending to be a Gameboy, on your ds) but they dont have much multiplayer stuff anyway.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS games will work fine with multiplayer and online functionality. GBA games cannot use the DS's wifi for trading, so you'll need an actual GBA/SP/Micro to do any sort of multiplayer with GBA games. GB and GBC games are emulated, and none of the emulators support multiplayer at this time.

DSMuse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thank you very much everyone. I'm happy to know that the DS roms enable things such as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.