Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The folks behind Cards Against Humanity have engaged in yet another zany holiday antic, and this time it's a hole.

That's right. A hole.

Namely, they are asking for funding to dig a giant hole in the middle of some field somewhere. They will dig as long as the funds last. How long that is depends on how many people are willing to literally* throw money down a hole in the ground.

The ongoing dig can be watched in real time here:

Answers to some questions by concerned citizens (taken from their website):

Is this real?
Unfortunately it is.

Is there some sort of deeper meaning or purpose to the hole?
No.

What do I get for contributing money to the hole?
A deeper hole.

Why aren’t you giving all this money to charity?
Why aren’t YOU giving all this money to charity? It’s your money.

Source, if you wish to throw some money down a hole in the ground, or just stare in disbelief:

https://holidayhole.com/

*figuratively

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is incredibly stupid but sometimes I enjoy things like this just because of how stupid it is. I'd be interested to see what happens if the hole ends up getting a mile deep or something.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This kind of reminds me of old school South Park. Like they could easily be making a big statement about wasting money and how people just throw money into a hole. But really it's just an act of fuck you because fuck you. Honestly, I could see something like this happening with the old South Park
I actually love that they are doing something like this because it bring that style of absurd statements into the real world.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
so many layers of complexly

the hole is the meaning of life. about our existence.. and everything so beautiful and ugly in this world.

i.e. some deep shit.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: WeedZ and DeoNaught

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
...aaaand it's done and dug. The money has run out, the hole is as holey as it will ever be.

The icing on the cake would be if it turned out to be a back yard pool of the company owner.

Reactions: DeoNaught

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They like to do literal things because people don't expect the literal. It could be taken as a commentary, but that's probably reading too much. give money, move dirt. Pointless, which is the fun I suppose.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...aaaand it's done and dug. The money has run out, the hole is as holey as it will ever be.

The icing on the cake would be if it turned out to be a back yard pool of the company owner.
Darn. I thought it would be funny if they accidently struck oil or dinosaur bones or buried treasure or something like that, but the odds were absurdly unrealistic unless they planned it.

Reactions: DeoNaught

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1