Card mod ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by hackotedelaplaqu, Aug 20, 2016.

1. hackotedelaplaqu
    OP

hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2009
    France
    Hi,

Our team just finished Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth french translation.

Of course the game plays on linker but I want to make a cardmod of this game (soldering an eprom to on original DS game and making a custom insert for it).
    There are cart moders or converters for super famicom, megadrive and neo geo games but I can't find one for NDS.
    Any clue ?

Thanks.

cearp likes this.
  2. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The write pins are grounded so you'd have to desolder the chip, but this should help:
    http://akkit.org/DS/index.html
    The picture has a part number. I can't find the datasheet, but I know it's out there somewhere.

hackotedelaplaqu likes this.
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Making a repro?

Most would probably find some flash cart that allows autoboots and use that.

There are some fake makers out there in the usual Hong Kong/China markets, though many of those will not do stock DSi/3ds. Nobody has gone in for the adapter board for the DS like you see for the NES, SNES, GB/GBC and now GBA I guess, not least of all because it is probably very annoying to make it fit.

4. hackotedelaplaqu
    OP

hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2009
    France
    Thanks both of you. I wish the cleanest repro yes. All linkers uses sd or some still have flash nand for rom stocking like slot 2 had in time ?