Menacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

i have a 5.5.1 Japanese WiiU and use the browser exploit.
I installed many games and all worked fine so far. For some (e.g. NES remix pack) I had to change region with spiik.
Now Captain Toad is the first game that gives me problems. I installed both the EUR and the US Version.
I changed to the correct language and region with spiik. Still the game won't boot up and crashes at the splash screen.
I'm sure I have a correct dump since it matches the redump.org image.

anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

Last edited by Menacer,

y1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You can’t run Captain toad US on JP console. Even with spiik it will 100% freeze upon start up.

Menacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can’t run Captain toad US on JP console. Even with spiik it will 100% freeze upon start up.

Sad, do you know this from personal experience?
I'd be interested to know about the technical reasons behind it.

Also, do you know if there are more game like this?

Last edited by Menacer,

y1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Sad, do you know this from personal experience?
I'd be interested to know about the technical reasons behind it.

Also, do you know if there are more game like this?

Yes, I knew it from my experiences. Most of people here use US WiiU and play region matched titles so, they most likely not ran into these issues.

The reason is some of the games still know which region of your console is even with spiik and it try to load on Jp folder which contains nothing in US version. This is why the game freezed on start up.

There are more games like this. I have found more than 10+ so far.

Fixing this issue is different on each game. Basicly, you need the EN files from US Region game and copy it to the JP folder.

I manage to get Super Mario 3D world US on JP WiiU to work with this method

Rokkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I knew it from my experiences. Most of people here use US WiiU and play region matched titles so, they most likely not ran into these issues.

The reason is some of the games still know which region of your console is even with spiik and it try to load on Jp folder which contains nothing in US version. This is why the game freezed on start up.

There are more games like this. I have found more than 10+ so far.

Fixing this issue is different on each game. Basicly, you need the EN files from US Region game and copy it to the JP folder.

I manage to get Super Mario 3D world US on JP WiiU to work with this method

Is it possible to have a list of the games working with this trick? It would be really helpful

I'm sorry if I reopened an older post

currentbeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks, I got it working. You just copy the EUen folder and rename it JPja.
Hey question i have jap wii 5.5.3 running auto boot cbch , the only games running at the moment is the minecraft and zelda wind walker. I used wud installer gx latest ver to install them ,

But the thing is the toad treasure and super mario 3d world is freezing on the start they’re both USA version from usb helper , help me pls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi