KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Who cares.....Like someone please explain to me why people even play fighters....They are just gonna rehash it like every other fighting game they've done. Instead of of getting SFXT, just wait 1-2 years for Super SFXT Ultimate Arcade Edition. I don't know if Namco (is that who makes Tekken?) rehashes as much as Capcom so I could see the point in buying TXSF. Who cares if this may or may not come out for the 3DS. SFIV 3DS was horrid and barely enjoyable anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares.....Like someone please explain to me why people even play fighters....They are just gonna rehash it like every other fighting game they've done. Instead of of getting SFXT, just wait 1-2 years for Super SFXT Ultimate Arcade Edition. I don't know if Namco (is that who makes Tekken?) rehashes as much as Capcom so I could see the point in buying TXSF. Who cares if this may or may not come out for the 3DS. SFIV 3DS was horrid and barely enjoyable anyway.

To my knowledge Namco rarely reissues their fighters. Outside of like a port of the original Soul Calibur and maybe a Tekken title or two that I can't think of, they usually make a game and stick with it. If anything, most companies are going for DLC nowadays, so you can just buy the original game and add on to it as you go.

Fighters are also highly enjoyable unless you're an unlovable loser with no friends. Most parties I have with my friends usually leads to hours of MvC3 or SCIV.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh, it's just another Street Fighter game, Capcom has been rehashing and milking the franchise without adding anything interesting for over a decade, nothing changes, nothing new and exciting has been added, it's still the same old crap it was 10 years ago.

Yet it's still considered the definitive fighter every generation.

Subject to opinion. Having over a dozen reiterations of the same game in a console generation really doesn't make it definitive either. Also, I wouldn't even count half of them as being competitive fighting games, seeing as how the standard iterations in the Tekken franchise have been the only ones to be adopted by MLG, Smash Bros being the only other fighting game in the MLG. Cross over versions are never adopted due to balance issues, Tekken and Street Fighter types of games are more balanced when their own characters don't have to fight against characters from another universe.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would make sense, I mean if you put it on all systems which do you have the higher sales (console vs. console and handheld vs. handheld) I am pretty sure the sales will be higher on the ps3/360 version if they made a WiiU version and the vita may do better than the 3ds. Unfortunately they didn't say anything about sales but their reply made my day.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subject to opinion. Having over a dozen reiterations of the same game in a console generation really doesn't make it definitive either. Also, I wouldn't even count half of them as being competitive fighting games, seeing as how the standard iterations in the Tekken franchise have been the only ones to be adopted by MLG, Smash Bros being the only other fighting game in the MLG. Cross over versions are never adopted due to balance issues, Tekken and Street Fighter types of games are more balanced when their own characters don't have to fight against characters from another universe.

Street Fighter also made the genre, and it's still adopted as the top competitive fighter. MLG also adopts Halo and Gears of War as competitive titles, so I'll let you put your judgment on that.

lol, you seem to be forgetting Tekken Prime 3D. You know, that one with full 60FPS in both 2D and 3D mode, bundled with a full CGI 3D Tekken film. What was that you were saying again?

Interesting fact: You wouldn't know if the game was 30FPS or 60FPS unless someone flat out told you it was or you noticed a huge difference in speed between 2D and 3D. The whole "IT CAN RUN AT 60FPS!" thing is completely irrelevant since no one would actually notice or point it out unless they found out. Call of Duty on the Wii runs at 30FPS, I'm pretty sure it's HD big brothers run at 60FPS. Yet there's not a huge difference in gameplay.

Also, I can already enjoy Tekken in all its glory on like a bagillion other consoles, so who gives a shit. Plus I never gave a shit about Tekken, it felt like Soul Calibur's boring cousin. Why would I want to memorize a stupid 10 button combo when I can smash people over the head with Sigfried's giant ass sword? I'm sure there's some fighting guru who will go on and on about the fighting system and its complexities but in the end Tekken doesn't give me any fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a CGI Tekken film! Wow! I totally want that! Because fighting game movies have been so good. Just like live action Street Fighter movies, the animated Street Fighter series, Dead or Alive, the animated Tekken movie, the live action Tekken movie, and so on! Seems like it'll be such a quality piece of work!

D

Deleted_171835

OP
lol, you seem to be forgetting Tekken Prime 3D. You know, that one with full 60FPS in both 2D and 3D mode, bundled with a full CGI 3D Tekken film. What was that you were saying again?
Interesting fact: You wouldn't know if the game was 30FPS or 60FPS unless someone flat out told you it was or you noticed a huge difference in speed between 2D and 3D. The whole "IT CAN RUN AT 60FPS!" thing is completely irrelevant since no one would actually notice or point it out unless they found out. Call of Duty on the Wii runs at 30FPS, I'm pretty sure it's HD big brothers run at 60FPS. Yet there's not a huge difference in gameplay.

Also, I can already enjoy Tekken in all its glory on like a bagillion other consoles, so who gives a shit. Plus I never gave a shit about Tekken, it felt like Soul Calibur's boring cousin. Why would I want to memorize a stupid 10 button combo when I can smash people over the head with Sigfried's giant ass sword? I'm sure there's some fighting guru who will go on and on about the fighting system and its complexities but in the end Tekken doesn't give me any fun.
I'm going to be frank here and say that's a load of bullshit. In fighting and racing games, it's easy to notice whether the game is running on 30 or 60FPS and is pretty crucial to the gameplay. Obviously it isn't as important in platformers and puzzle games but gameplay is more fluid at 60FPS. If you can't notice whether a game is running at 60FPS compared to 30FPS, you're either blind or visually impaired.

Just look at this.
http://www.boallen.c...ps-compare.html

And Tekken 3D: Prime Edition is an entirely new game and is only being released on the 3DS whereas SF x Tekken is being released for the PS3 and 360 (and possibly the 3DS), not just the Vita. As for the CGI film, that's just a bonus. It wasn't made specifically for the 3DS but instead is a full-featured film. Even if it isn't any good, it's just an optional pack-in with the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be frank here and say that's a load of bullshit. In fighting and racing games, it's easy to notice whether the game is running on 30 or 60FPS and is pretty crucial to the gameplay. Obviously it isn't as important in platformers and puzzle games but gameplay is more fluid at 60FPS. If you can't notice whether a game is running at 60FPS compared to 30FPS, you're either blind or visually impaired.

Just look at this.

And Tekken 3D: Prime Edition is an entirely new game and is only being released on the 3DS whereas SF x Tekken is being released for the PS3 and 360 (and possibly the 3DS), not just the Vita. As for the CGI film, that's just a bonus. It wasn't made specifically for the 3DS but instead is a full-featured film. Even if it isn't any good, it's just an optional pack-in with the game.

My whole point is you can't tell the framerate unless you can compare it. You're proving exactly my point by posting a comparison of the same thing running at different framerates.

I'm also just saying it's silly for people to say that it has a movie packed in when it's destined to be shit. It's like when you go to the store to buy Shrek and you're stuck buying the "Shrek Double Pack" which is basically Shrek plus some shit animated film that got stitched to it like a DVD Human Centipede. If anything I'd complain about Bamco probably taking up all this space on the memory card which they could be using for shitloads of content to throw in a movie which you're probably gonna watch once and, unless you're a brain dead baboon who has a terrible taste in films, will never watch again and probably feel bad for watching it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My whole point is you can't tell the framerate unless you can compare it.
I can't tell the exact framerate, but I can tell if it's low or high, and if the video is smooth or choppy (I bet you could too, but it seems you've set out to prove that you can't). All you're really proving is that you in particular can't tell the difference. That doesn't mean nobody else can.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Just look at this.

My whole point is you can't tell the framerate unless you can compare it. You're proving exactly my point by posting a comparison of the same thing running at different framerates.

I'm also just saying it's silly for people to say that it has a movie packed in when it's destined to be shit. It's like when you go to the store to buy Shrek and you're stuck buying the "Shrek Double Pack" which is basically Shrek plus some shit animated film that got stitched to it like a DVD Human Centipede. If anything I'd complain about Bamco probably taking up all this space on the memory card which they could be using for shitloads of content to throw in a movie which you're probably gonna watch once and, unless you're a brain dead baboon who has a terrible taste in films, will never watch again and probably feel bad for watching it.
No, I can notice when a game is running in 60FPS (or a similarly high frame-rate). The game just looks more fluid. And obviously it's pretty silly to be anticipated for the game solely because of a shitty bonus movie but it is optional. It's a nice pack-in for those who want it and if you don't, leave it be and just play the main game.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually with Guild on this one... You can't tell the framerate without comparisons. You can tell if it's jittery, obviously, but you're not going to watch a film and say whether it's in 30FPS or 60FPS. All you'll know is whether it's smooth or not, which even then doesn't mean much when nearly every video ever recorded was done so in 24FPS - so all you'll normally be able to tell is whether the game you're playing is a little smoother than video or a lot smoother. Saying otherwise is like saying you can count polygons or something.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I'm actually with Guild on this one... You can't tell the framerate without comparisons. You can tell if it's jittery, obviously, but you're not going to watch a film and say whether it's in 30FPS or 60FPS. All you'll know is whether it's smooth or not, which even then doesn't mean much when nearly every video ever recorded was done so in 24FPS - so all you'll normally be able to tell is whether the game you're playing is a little smoother than video or a lot smoother. Saying otherwise is like saying you can count polygons or something.
There is a big difference between frame-rates in film and television versus frame-rates in videogames. I don't even know how you can begin to compare them. Videogames need to run at a higher frame-rate than films because of the lack of accurate motion-blur and that they require responsive input. Video-games require active participation while watching a film/show is a passive activity.

I'll cite a paragraph from 100fps.com which should clarify it a bit more.

If you could see your moving hand very clear and crisp, then your eye needed to make more snapshots of it to make it look fluid. If you had a movie with 50 very sharp and crisp images per second, your eye would make out lots of details from time to time and you had the feeling, that the movie is stuttering.

Just think of modern games: Have you ever played Quake with 18fps? There is no motion blur in those games, thus you need a lot of frames per second more.

And as for why directors film at 24fps, some directors simply believe that films filmed at that frame-rate look better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto