Hardware Capacitors grounded on both sides

slimh22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i removed the cap and the pads are both still grounded so i believe its the chip, am i way off base by thinking that?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heat up the solder on the pins in question, use a wick or a solder sucker to remove it (you might wish to add some more solder, or some nice leaded solder and take that off as well). At that point use a scalpel, pick or something similar to get under the pins and bend them up a few degrees. At that point you can measure again. Might be worth having a go on another device or another device with bigger pins first.

Try not to get any solder bridges underneath the pins else you might get a false positive but you can usually see such things. Can also be a problem when you spilled something on there and it dried conductive but that is likely not the case here.

slimh22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heat up the solder on the pins in question, use a wick or a solder sucker to remove it (you might wish to add some more solder, or some nice leaded solder and take that off as well). At that point use a scalpel, pick or something similar to get under the pins and bend them up a few degrees. At that point you can measure again. Might be worth having a go on another device or another device with bigger pins first.

Try not to get any solder bridges underneath the pins else you might get a false positive but you can usually see such things. Can also be a problem when you spilled something on there and it dried conductive but that is likely not the case here.
alright i took the chip off, but in the process knocked off some of those really tiny caps and now i am waiting to get my microscope to try and get them back on. just a update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte